Oldest LCFC Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Here's one for a statistician... how about it, Webbo?

Who is the oldest player to turn out for City? Martin Keown must be getting there at 38. I only ask because, at 31, I've still got another seven years to catch Levein's eye... and maybe it could be more :p

DesertFox said:

Who is the oldest player to turn out for City? Martin Keown must be getting there at 38. I only ask because, at 31, I've still got another seven years to catch Levein's eye... and maybe it could be more :p

He's gonna have to have some eyesight to see ya in Arizona...

Keown has got a few years to go to make it just yet. Our oldest player was Joe Calvert aged 40 years 313 days against Soton on the 13th Dec 1947 (and no I don't remember it) ;)

sheffield_fox said:
Keown has got a few years to go to make it just yet. Our oldest player was Joe Calvert aged 40 years 313 days against Soton on the 13th Dec 1947 (and no I don't remember it) ;)

Oh to have so much time on my hands :wink: :lol:

sheffield_fox said:

i'll get me anorak :roll:

Was Joe any good Lazzer? You must have been a teenager when he was playing....

yes old cally the wizzard left many a defender in a trance with his amazing trickery on the wing :wink:

highland fox said:
Was Joe any good Lazzer? You must have been a teenager when he was playing....

Is he still alive? Harry Rednapp's probably looking for a bit of experience at Southampton. :lol:

DesertFox said:

Post war - I guess Sep Smith by some margin.

Does anybody know how old Henry, the old trumpet geezer down the City is...he's got to be catching the eye of Micky as star striker when he takes his new job. Old Henry has got to be in his eighties?

He's gonna have to have some eyesight to see ya in Arizona...

My fame is spreading.... 8) And I'm sure Leicestershire is still buzzing about my last minute winner against Brazil in a five-a-side tournament in Rutland in 2000. Mind you, the guy I was marking was wearing brogues, and we were playing in a cow field, but they were genuine Brazilians and, as Steven would agree, "you can only beat what's put in front of you". :p :p :p

DesertFox said:
... Steven would agree, "you can only beat what's put in front of you". :p :p :p

If you mean opposition on the football field then that is undoubtedly true, if mean anything else :roll: then Highland has a lot of spare time on his hands. :roll: :wink:

He was knocking on, 41 ish, old.

Hazzman said:
Rememeber Ian Andrews was on the bench for a few games in the Taylor period and he was about 41.

Joe_Fox said:
He was knocking on, 41 ish, old.

He only turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, he was 36 when he appeared on the bench for us.

I'm sure some people just make stuff up, not expecting anyone to know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566