One Boris Johnson.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

"there's only one Boris Johnson...
one Boris Johnson......"

Thought Ken handled the loss very gentemanly.

Not having much to do with London it doesn't really affect me.

Boris has always been a drunken buffoon but I reckon he'll probably make a good mayor. which maverick will be up next?

He will have to get some very clever people working for because he's a buffoon and his bound to put his foot in it and insult somebody

I think he won by deception. His slogan was "BJ for Mayor"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1557548/Boris-Johnson-in-quotes.html

In 2004, Boris Johnson was ordered by the then Tory leader Michael Howard to go to Liverpool and apologise for an article in The Spectator which accused the city of "wallowing" in its "victim status".

He said Liverpudlians made a scapegoat of police in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster, refusing to acknowledge the part played "by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground".

The article, on 16 October, said people in Liverpool "cannot accept that they might have made any contribution to their misfortunes, but seek rather to blame someone else for it, thereby deepening their sense of shared tribal grievance about the rest of society".

some of the British love a buffoon
3387082570-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-leicester-city-v-cardiff.jpg

A clever buffoon by all accounts, just not quite in the same world as the rest of us. He seems very passionate about this....it will be interesting.

I too thought Ken's defeat speech was good.

You won't find HF agreeing on that one. :icon_conf

No more than I would if he'd had slated Glaswegians,Mancs,Brummies,Geordies,Cockneys etc etc.To lump all people together from one City is ridiculous.Every city has its good and its bad,dare I say even Leicester has its share of wankers

No more than I would if he'd had slated Glaswegians,Mancs,Brummies,Geordies,Cockneys etc etc.To lump all people together from one City is ridiculous.Every city has its good and its bad,dare I say even Leicester has its share of wankers
But every City also has a stereotype, I think it's humerous and acceptable to make fun of that. But the scouse Stereotype is humour, not self pity. Johnson was just plain insulting

Humour? I thought it was theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47