One for our left back situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From Skysports

Luton Town boss Mike Newell has admitted he is plotting a summer move for Aberdeen's Kevin McNaughton.

After an impressive campaign in their first season back in The Championship, The Hatters are looking to inject new blood in a bid to mount a play-off charge next term.

Now Newell has turned his attentions North of the Border and onto the 23-year-old who will be available on a free transfer after opting to leave Pittodrie on a Bosman.

McNaughton also received an offer from Norwegian outfit SK Brann in April, but Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood indicated at the time that he believed the defender was drawn to a Championship side.

Now Newell has confirmed that The Hatters are interested in McNaughton, and that he is readying a deal for the player who was also linked with Fulham in January.

"I saw enough of Kevin in midweek to see he is a good player and I plan to follow up my initial interest in him," stated Newell.

I think there are more important areas given that we may only be able to bring in one or two.

Assuming Tiatto re-signs we will have (by way of people who can play at left back)

Tiatto
Nissa
Sheehan

That is plenty of cover!

A midfielder is the priority...damn you joey!:icon_wink

We need someone who can do what Paul Merson did for Portsmouth the season they got promoted. In this respect, perhaps a bit of experience wouldn't be a bad thing?!?!

Last edited:
Midfield is more importnant than left back. If we do get a left back it has to be someone who is good enough to be first choice, there's no point getting someone who can just be a squad player, we have enough players to cover that position.

SilverFox said:
IWe need someone who can do what Paul Merson did for Portsmouth the season they got promoted. In this respect, perhaps a bit of experience wouldn't be a bad thing?!?!

And as Sheringham did for West Ham. Brian Deane didn't do too bad for us in our last promotion season either.

Due to Micky's legacy of aging 30somethings I think there is a general prejudice on here against signing anyone over 25.

It has to be the right person, with the right motivation, but I think you are spot on.

"One for our left back situation"

What left back situation is this? Nils has done a good enough job, and with many players who can play in this position, we don't have a 'situation' at all.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
"One for our left back situation"

What left back situation is this? Nils has done a good enough job, and with many players who can play in this position, we don't have a 'situation' at all.

Any time Maybury plays at left back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670