One More Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

I'm told by a reliable source (I give no names, but some of you may know who) that we will be signing one more striker! Not sure of a time scale but Irons are in fires.

You may quote me Steven! ;)

is the IRONS bit a clue to possible club?

I wouldn't be surprised if CL sees Burton O'Brien as more of a Striker than a Midfielder.

SilverFox said:
I'm told by a reliable source (I give no names, but some of you may know who) that we will be signing one more striker! Not sure of a time scale but Irons are in fires.

Kenny Irons, S****horpe, West Ham ?? What sort of Irons. :eek: :) :) ;)

SF, not expecting you to tell us who, but did your source give you the name(s) of striker(s) we are likely to sign, or did he just tell you that we would be signing a striker?

Either way, good news if it's true, we do need another striker even if it is just as backup to MDV and Connolly. Would be nice to see a striker who's about 21/22, seeing as the strikers are now the oldest part of our team (29 and 28 respectively aren't they? And then of course Dion who will retire after this season), so it would be nice to get the future striker in now if we can. Any good striker will do though really.

Last edited:
Graz said:
SF, not expecting you to tell us who, but did your source give you the name(s) of striker(s) we are likely to sign, or did he just tell you that we would be signing a striker?

Either way, good news if it's true, we do need another striker even if it is just as backup to MDV and Connolly. Would be nice to see a striker who's about 21/22, seeing as the strikers are now the oldest part of our team (29 and 28 respectively aren't they? And then of course Dion who will retire after this season), so it would be nice to get the future striker in now if we can. Any good striker will do though really.
What do you mean by back up to MDV?

SilverFox said:

Would this Irons rumour be in any way connected with this posting and subsequent thread. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :biggrin: ;)

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=77808#post77808

drummindefender said:
has o'brien ever played up front or always as an attacking midfielder highland?

I've heard that he 's played up front for Livingstone but even if he hasn't I wouldn't be surprised if CL got him primarily as a front player but also uses him in the midfield.He did say he was looking at players who can play in a number of positions and O'Brien fits the bill in that aspect.

The Livingston Fox said:
What do you mean by back up to MDV?

I mean that I would expect MDV and Connolly to be our first choice strikers, even if we do sign another one, at least at the start of the season.

According to a man city fan who posted on ft we are after Jamie Tandy! One of their youngsters.

coz im a lazy git and cant be bothered to look. has anyone got any stats on this kid? Steven this is usually your department.

fcukcov said:
coz im a lazy git and cant be bothered to look. has anyone got any stats on this kid? Steven this is usually your department.

Was just having a look around Google, can't find any sort of profile or stats on him, not even on Man City's site.

There are quite a few news stories about him though. This kid is the one who got a cigar stubbed on his eye by Joey Barton. Barton was retaliating because Tandy tried to set his shirt on fire. Doesn't really sound like someone we want...

Graz said:
Was just having a look around Google, can't find any sort of profile or stats on him, not even on Man City's site.

There are quite a few news stories about him though. This kid is the one who got a cigar stubbed on his eye by Joey Barton. Barton was retaliating because Tandy tried to set his shirt on fire. Doesn't really sound like someone we want...

thought the name rang a bell. Could well end up with another La Manga with a character like that around. but also moving away from man city may help him. We just dont know!!

Sunderland have given up on Kenny Miller. Think we have been linked with him a couple of times.

fcukcov said:
Sunderland have given up on Kenny Miller. Think we have been linked with him a couple of times.

mind you just seen the price they want. forget that! we have no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669