Online File storage/hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

Right i am looking for a website (free of course) that lets you upload files. It would be useful if they were on a web page format so that i could send out 1 link to the page, then people could download several of the files as they required.

Is there anything like this available?

Right i am looking for a website (free of course) that lets you upload files. It would be useful if they were on a web page format so that i could send out 1 link to the page, then people could download several of the files as they required.

Is there anything like this available?

What sort of files are they?

How big?

How many?

What about folders?

I wanna upload a few folders for storage, be able to browse the folder like in windows and d/load individual files when needed.

Don't mind paying.

Any recommendations?

Google Documents might suit you better than Rapidshare. http://docs.google.com/

But would he be able to share the docs from there?
I think you need a Gmail address for anybody who wants to access them. It can also be a bit quirky with files created in MS Office.

What about folders?

I wanna upload a few folders for storage, be able to browse the folder like in windows and d/load individual files when needed.

Don't mind paying.

Any recommendations?

Godaddy do this, I've not used it but I have used them for other things and they've been OK. It's called Online File Folders, in the Email menu on their site.
About a fiver a year for 1,000MB of storage.

But would he be able to share the docs from there?
I think you need a Gmail address for anybody who wants to access them.

You're right. I tested it before posting, by sending a sharing invite to one of my non Google addresses and it worked. But thats because I was already logged into Google. I've now tested it after clearing my cookies and it asked me to log in to Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669