Online petition calling for MM to step down

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - worthington keeping us up, in the end the points werent needed but if worthington had lost all of his games the 3rd bottom team would have had a mental boost and might have then got the points they needed, so is hard to say if the points were needed as events would have been different based on our results.

2 - money MM has spent, facts are known he has put in 9 million of cash, all the rest is hearsay we dont know how much and if it is loans or not, I find it very double standard we have people attacking MM for only putting in 9million when that is probably more than the previous board put in the previous 3 years combined.

3 - blaming him for relegation, this is just silly I dont know if its people wanting someone to blame and he is the easiest target or there is a lot of people here associated with the former board and angry shareholders who want more then 10%. He has partial blame with his managerial decisions but those managers were employed to do a job and failed in particurly holloway who was given right till the end and had his own players.

Unfortenatly in football you do have to speculate to accumulate its just how it is.

Is this thread still going?

I stopped looking at it after reading the inane first page.

Well at least this is some kind of substance to the claims. Obviously that player may have grievances with MM but I will accept what you said.

I still can't remember who exactly it was who said it, but I think Steve Claridge was one of the guests on the programme. That's the same Steve Claridge who was sacked as manager of Portsmouth under MM. So if it was him who said it, maybe he has a grudge. Or maybe he's in a better position to know what he's talking about than most of us.

Unfortenatly in football you do have to speculate to accumulate its just how it is.

Not necessarily.

Throwing money at a club doesn't guarantee success, and you can have a degree of success without spending stupid amounts.

Good management throughout the club (right the way from the chairman to the youth team) can bring success with no money, and bad management can lead to disaster. When you've spent money and gone backwards it just makes the situation worse. Look at Leeds for an example of that.

Can't speak for how most people may interpret it. The original post asserted that most business people operate by it. They don't - most invest carefully, rather than "speculate". In relation to the point under discussion - how much and how wisely had MM spent - it is a very important distinction.

Compare and contrast the approaches of various owners and football clubs.

if your comments are to true, why is it that the very fabric of the free west and capitalism is based on this very thing. stock brokers, the backbone of world economics spend a vast amount of their annual income on speculators, people who are paid a fortune to make decisions involving billions of £s on a hunch.

1 - worthington keeping us up, in the end the points werent needed but if worthington had lost all of his games the 3rd bottom team would have had a mental boost and might have then got the points they needed, so is hard to say if the points were needed as events would have been different based on our results.

2 - money MM has spent, facts are known he has put in 9 million of cash, all the rest is hearsay we dont know how much and if it is loans or not, I find it very double standard we have people attacking MM for only putting in 9million when that is probably more than the previous board put in the previous 3 years combined.

3 - blaming him for relegation, this is just silly I dont know if its people wanting someone to blame and he is the easiest target or there is a lot of people here associated with the former board and angry shareholders who want more then 10%. He has partial blame with his managerial decisions but those managers were employed to do a job and failed in particurly holloway who was given right till the end and had his own players.

i really couldnt agree more, :038::038::038:

if your comments are to true, why is it that the very fabric of the free west and capitalism is based on this very thing. stock brokers, the backbone of world economics spend a vast amount of their annual income on speculators, people who are paid a fortune to make decisions involving billions of £s on a hunch.

But it isn't. Trading on markets on the basis of calculated & balanced risks and speculation are not the same thing. And stock brokers do not spend vast amounts of their money - as the name implies they are middle-men who live happily by taking a smsll commission on the trades. Their clients may of course include speculators.

Speculation is simply gambling. Punters speculate, bookies don't.

Trading on markets on the basis of calculated & balanced risks and speculation are not the same thing.

Umm. Calculation means taking a bet on the quality of the calculation. Balance just means doubling the bet.

Insider dealing, that's the best way to avoid speculation.

Not necessarily.

Throwing money at a club doesn't guarantee success, and you can have a degree of success without spending stupid amounts.

Good management throughout the club (right the way from the chairman to the youth team) can bring success with no money, and bad management can lead to disaster. When you've spent money and gone backwards it just makes the situation worse. Look at Leeds for an example of that.

Of course I do agree, but in some parts the speculation may be very small I didnt mean millions have to be spent every season. In our MON promotion season we speculated a little but didnt go overboard, however good management got the results.

My view is a chairman should speculate but only if the consequences do not bring the club down ie. going into admin. It should be managable spending.

He didnt take us down.

I'm always prepared to be impressed by stupidity and you've done well here. Because, last time I looked, we weren't in the Championship. And we were before he took over. And we haven't been promoted, So, the way I see it, we have been taken down.

The way I see it, I equate it to a bus crash.

Milan is the owner of the bus, he employed a driver to drive the bus for him, the driver told him that because he had driven a bus before, that he was a very good bus driver.

However, it became very clear, very early on to the clever passengers on the bus that the driver was in fact a twat. As passengers, we are not in a position to tell the owner of the bus that the driver is a twat, because the owner is at the depot.

Every so often though, the bus went past the depot. The problem being, most of the passengers on the bus weren't very bright, and everytime the bus went past the depot, the passengers were singing songs lovely about the driver and arranging collections for him.

As the driver started to drive us closer to the cliff, more of the passengers also began to realise that the driver was a twat, and so did the owner of the bus.

However, the driver was also very convincing, and he convinced the gullible owner that the bus would be safe, and that he shouldn't worry too much about it.

The driver wasn't just a twat, he was also a c'nt. He lost control, he took the bus over the edge of the cliff, and it was very scary. Fortunately for the owner, the bus will only be out of action for a short while, and as a bonus, the bus only lost a handful of passengers.

The bus isn't written off, it will be back. The owner will make it stronger and we will have a new driver who can get the best out of it, and the previous driver will never be heard of again.

The way I see it, I equate it to a bus crash.

Milan is the owner of the bus, he employed a driver to drive the bus for him, the driver told him that because he had driven a bus before, that he was a very good bus driver.

However, it became very clear, very early on to the clever passengers on the bus that the driver was in fact a twat. As passengers, we are not in a position to tell the owner of the bus that the driver is a twat, because the owner is at the depot.

Every so often though, the bus went past the depot. The problem being, most of the passengers on the bus weren't very bright, and everytime the bus went past the depot, the passengers were singing songs lovely about the driver and arranging collections for him.

As the driver started to drive us closer to the cliff, more of the passengers also began to realise that the driver was a twat, and so did the owner of the bus.

However, the driver was also very convincing, and he convinced the gullible owner that the bus would be safe, and that he shouldn't worry too much about it.

The driver wasn't just a twat, he was also a c'nt. He lost control, he took the bus over the edge of the cliff, and it was very scary. Fortunately for the owner, the bus will only be out of action for a short while, and as a bonus, the bus only lost a handful of passengers.

The bus isn't written off, it will be back. The owner will make it stronger and we will have a new driver who can get the best out of it, and the previous driver will never be heard of again.

What colour was this bus? And what number was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669