Only the Irish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
[YOUTUBE]uYRcS93DKRM[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure I remember reading about a draw in which the same ball was actually drawn then put back in the pot by mistake, only to be redrawn again.

Last edited:
Thinking the same thing :icon_lol:

Was it you who was earlier aligning yourself with Mr Flude? And now with me? No good will come of either of these courses of action. I would seriously suggest that you find others to follow.

I wouldn't suggest that to any of my friends in Belfast.[/QUOTE]

You must have some very thick friends in Belfast then.
The map quite clearly shows it to be located on a big lump of grassy rock called IRELAND.
To be extra helpful the words NORTHERN IRELAND are printed in a large font within half an inch of where Belfast is on the same map.All seems pretty Irish to me.
Of much greater concern to me is the fact that the Cup draw seems to be taking place in my Auntie Meryl's front room.
She's a miserable old cow at the best of times so i can't see her agreeing to that.

The map quite clearly shows it to be located on a big lump of grassy rock called IRELAND.
To be extra helpful the words NORTHERN IRELAND are printed in a large font within half an inch of where Belfast is on the same map.All seems pretty Irish to me.

I know, it makes you wonder why we've all spent so long killing each other. As you say, it does clearly state 'Northern Ireland' on the map, so it simply cannot be part of the UK and nobody living there could possibly have a British passport. That'd just be insane.

For anybody that is in any way confused, there are two leagues on this island. The Irish League and the League Of Ireland.
This video is from the minority, Hun league. Not from the proper league, the League of Ireland.

Reggie Maudling (Home Secretary at the time) on a plane at the end of his first visit there:
" For God's sake give me a large Scotch...what a bloody awful country"
There you go...the British Cabinet minister with direct responsibility for the place even regarded it as another country.

Confusion indeed.

Yes confusion. We had a picture of the Queen on the wall. Red White and Blue kerb stones. The first thing somebody said to me on my arrival in Leicester was "**** off back to Ireland" very confused.

Of much greater concern to me is the fact that the Cup draw seems to be taking place in my Auntie Meryl's front room.
She's a miserable old cow at the best of times so i can't see her agreeing to that.

The country not related to Northern Ireland refered to as Ireland is a short for the Republic of Ireland though. Ireland refers to the actual island holding both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, so Northern Ireland is part of Ireland, just like England is part of Great Britain (the other island).

And Northern Irish people are entitled to both British and Irish citizenship, so they can be both British and Irish by nationality or either.

"it is the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly [the two governments] confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of Northern Ireland." - The 1998 Belfast Agreement

Last edited:
Blimey!

I am actually well aware of all of this.It was just a little poke at the absurdity of politics thats all.
I've met loads of people from Northern Ireland,from boths sides of the religious/political fence but the one thing they all had in common was the accent.
Now,an Ulster accent (in all its subtle variations) is different to any other Irish accent but it's still very obviously Irish.So regardless of whether or not you fly a Tricolour from your window & have banned oranges from your fruit bowl or you wear Union Jack boxer shorts & fantasise about killing the pope you're still going to sound Irish to anyone who meets you & you'll still have been born on the island of Ireland.

So call it satire if you will (poor satire admittedly...Chris Morris isn't losing any sleep)

As an aside...the Ulster accent is unique in that everything said in it sounds like a threat to murder your children in their beds.Kind of like German does.Maybe thats why its not popular as a SatNav voice? & maybe it could have contributed to the troubled history?

Curiously though this only applies to men & older women.
Women under 40 with an Ulster accent just sound horny.

Its a weird world.

I know, it makes you wonder why we've all spent so long killing each other. As you say, it does clearly state 'Northern Ireland' on the map, so it simply cannot be part of the UK and nobody living there could possibly have a British passport. That'd just be insane.

For anybody that is in any way confused, there are two leagues on this island. The Irish League and the League Of Ireland.
This video is from the minority, Hun league. Not from the proper league, the League of Ireland.

Oh how soon they forget. If you look up the poxy 2nd rate FAI league system you'll find that it was only established in 1921 a full 31 years after the formation of the IFA. The IFA was infact the official league governing body for the whole of Ireland until the formation of the FAI league system more commonly known as the Find Any Irishman League.

So Macky the proper league is The Irish League and not some tin pot league just because you're southern pub teams threw their toys out of the pram and decided to form their own.

Finally I know loads of people that have pride in their British passports that still live in Northern Ireland. What's it like to have a third rate economy and require a British loan to keep your tin pot country afloat?:icon_roll

pogue mahone

Oh how soon they forget. If you look up the poxy 2nd rate FAI league system you'll find that it was only established in 1921 a full 31 years after the formation of the IFA. The IFA was infact the official league governing body for the whole of Ireland until the formation of the FAI league system more commonly known as the Find Any Irishman League.

So Macky the proper league is The Irish League and not some tin pot league just because you're southern pub teams threw their toys out of the pram and decided to form their own.

Finally I know loads of people that have pride in their British passports that still live in Northern Ireland. What's it like to have a third rate economy and require a British loan to keep your tin pot country afloat?:icon_roll

pogue mahone
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673