Optimists thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

step

If we win all 14 games that are left, we will have 79 points and that would put us sixth in the table and we would be in the playoff's.

If we don't, we won't

I'm beginning to wish this fecking deal folded at Christmas

Last edited:
If we win all 14 games that are left, we will have 79 points and that would put us sixth in the table and we would be in the playoff's.

We have got 15 games left. And no one knows how many points are really necessary to finish 6th. 12 wins might be enough - but anyone who thinks we'll win 12 out of the last 15 games is has probably forgotten to take their medication.

We have got 15 games left. And no one knows how many points are really necessary to finish 6th. 12 wins might be enough - but anyone who thinks we'll win 12 out of the last 15 games is has probably forgotten to take their medication.

Bollux I knew I had forgotten something, and I have just laid a big bet too.....:mad:

We couldn't even manage 10 wins from over 30 games so just because we have MM it will not have that much effect on the current team this season. A realistic target should be 55-60pts imo.

We couldn't even manage 10 wins from over 30 games so just because we have MM it will not have that much effect on the current team this season. A realistic target should be 55-60pts imo.

:038: :038:

Not true Jeff, It is probable that the sixth team will have between 73 -76 points and the the odds of a sixth placed team getting 79 point are very, very slim. and if we have 15 games left and not 14 the chances of us getting promited have just increased slightly

Not true Jeff, It is probable that the sixth team will have between 73 -76 points and the the odds of a sixth placed team getting 79 point are very, very slim. and if we have 15 games left and not 14 the chances of us getting promited have just increased slightly

Most seasons the 6th placed team has got around 75 points, so if you're just basing your assumption on history you're right. But just because it's happened that way in the past doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same this year.

Based on average points earned so far this season the 6th placed team would end up with 76 or 77 points. It doesn't need much of a change from the average to take it above your 79 point target - or well below it. All we can do is win as many games as possible, but it will need a run of form even more remarkable than the one that got us promoted in 1983 when we were unbeaten for the last 15 games.

Forget it, cos its not going to happen. The amount of influence MM can have on the team for the remainder of this season is based purely on morale. We are basically lumbered with the same team that as not delivered, with the exception of the recent loan signings being added. Quite simply a number of the current squad will not be good enough for the MM revolution. If we did possess any real talent then we would have lost them long ago because of the clubs previous weak fianancial position.

I actually found it quite depressing realising that even if we won every game left this season we'd only just scrape into the play-offs. God we're mediocre.

I know that we aren't going to get anywhere near the playoffs, but a couple of useful loan players could just give us a half decent run in and give us fans something to sing about.

Oh yes and...

dancing and singing and drinking and dancing and shouting and drinking and singing and drinking and shouting and drinking and bangin a drum.......

I know that we aren't going to get anywhere near the playoffs, but a couple of useful loan players could just give us a half decent run in and give us fans something to sing about.

..... and convince the fans to buy another season ticket. ;)

..... and convince the fans to buy another season ticket. ;)

I wasnt sure and at the minute the funds still dont really allow it but i will beg steal and borrow to try and get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669