OT stuff from the Post Ipswich match thread in 'Leicester City'

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and i hate americans who say "happy holidays"

twats

i may be an atheist, but i'm not a political correctness gone mad tosser :)

it will always be Christmas, as to whether people celebrate the mass of Christ...doubt it, more people will be celebrating the film of Bond

meh

it's a pagan festival anyway for winter solstice, highjacked by christianity and then by the god of Mammon, the prevailing forces of the time in Britain

Pre-Victorian times the Church tried to have Christmas banned because of its pagan links & because it has traditionally been a time of debauchery & celebration.

They failed because human beings like celebrating & being debaucherous, but the church at the time certainly distanced themselves from it. The bollocks about it being a Christian festival is a fairly recent thing.

Pre-Victorian times the Church tried to have Christmas banned because of its pagan links & because it has traditionally been a time of debauchery & celebration.

They failed because human beings like celebrating & being debaucherous, but the church at the time certainly distanced themselves from it. The bollocks about it being a Christian festival is a fairly recent thing.

The Church has a lot to answer for. I'm not religious, Macky, I just believe in Jesus Christ. That's my choice. I celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas as a mark of respect. I hope you have a great Christmas. Not really sure what you believe but you've obviously got a lot against the church. I'm not a big fan of churches either. They seem to focus on money more than God. :icon_conf

yeah, that baffled me too.......:017:

I'm not religious in that i don't follow the dictates of the church blindly. I believe in God. God can be anywhere, not just in some church. I believe in JC, without him I would have no spiritual life. I believe in treating others as you would want to be treated. I believe that LCFC will beat Hull this weekend. :icon_bigg

I'm not religious in that i don't follow the dictates of the church blindly. I believe in God. God can be anywhere, not just in some church. I believe in JC, without him I would have no spiritual life. I believe in treating others as you would want to be treated. I believe that LCFC will beat Hull this weekend. :icon_bigg
I was buying that until you started to get really wacky...

i may be an atheist, but i'm not a political correctness gone mad tosser :)

it will always be Christmas, as to whether people celebrate the mass of Christ...doubt it, more people will be celebrating the film of Bond

meh

it's a pagan festival anyway for winter solstice, highjacked by christianity and then by the god of Mammon, the prevailing forces of the time in Britain

Who gives a ****, its a break from work:icon_wink

I believe in God. I believe in JC. I believe that LCFC will beat Hull this weekend. :icon_bigg

well ****ing zero out of three ain't bad eh?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58