Our 25 man squad for season 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Danny Simpson also joining Amiens or did that fall through?

If the paperwork was done in time.

Suggestions from France that Leicester have screwed up getting the paperwork done in time . . .

Surely not again?!?!

"The ASC completed the transfer of the Malian striker in good time before midnight. But obviously the English leaders did not return the filled documents on their side. However, both clubs hope that this file will be validated quickly by the LFP".

https://www.courrier-picard.fr/id34...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1567521984

:017: Slimani and Silva included in 25 man squad. James, Kapustka, Thomas, Uche, Diabate all omitted.

Schmeichel / Ward / Ricardo / Amartey / Evans / Soyuncu / Morgan / Benkovic / Chilwell / Fuchs / Ndidi / Choudhury / Tielemans / Albrighton / Maddison / Barnes / Perez / Gray / Vardy / Iheanacho / Praet
Jakupovic / Mendy / Silva / Slimani

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

:017: Slimani and Silva included in 25 man squad. James, Kapustka, Thomas, Uche, Diabate all omitted.

Schmeichel / Ward / Ricardo / Amartey / Evans / Soyuncu / Morgan / Benkovic / Chilwell / Fuchs / Ndidi / Choudhury / Tielemans / Albrighton / Maddison / Barnes / Perez / Gray / Vardy / Iheanacho / Praet
Jakupovic / Mendy / Silva / Slimani

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777
Wow that’s even better than James ahead of King last season :icon lol: are they having us on?

This is surely a mistake....? History tells us that we're not particularly reliable when it comes to paperwork.

So do Silva and Slimani have recall options?

Dunno. The Mercury says it’s not known if they have or not.

I’m so glad we gave that Matty James bloke a new contract.

I won't bag on James too much. I read an interview with him a year or so ago and he said that when he was out with the knee injury followed by another injury he got while recovering he sank into depression. Considering we haven't heard a thing about him since the Newport game I'll cut him some slack, who knows what his state of mind is.

I won't bag on James too much. I read an interview with him a year or so ago and he said that when he was out with the knee injury followed by another injury he got while recovering he sank into depression. Considering we haven't heard a thing about him since the Newport game I'll cut him some slack, who knows what his state of mind is.

Completely agree. Doesn’t matter how much money he’s on. To not be able to do the thing you built your whole career around must be absolutely brutal to accept.

He has my sympathy.

Any player can suffer with mental health issues at any time. Being injured may exacerbate this but it's not a reason in itself.

Giving someone a four year contract when he's proven to be incapable of playing professionally is patently absurd.

My objection to our treatment of James was mainly because we wasted a squad position on him (at the expense of a fit King). The fact that he's becoming a millionaire doing occasional sessions on an exercise bike is neither here nor there. It's not my money.

You could argue that had we had the guts to deal with him properly, he could well be mentally much healthier now pursuing a rewarding career in coaching or outside the game. Pretending he can hack it is actually pretty irresponsible from a safeguarding perspective.

Any player can suffer with mental health issues at any time. Being injured may exacerbate this but it's not a reason in itself.

Giving someone a four year contract when he's proven to be incapable of playing professionally is patently absurd.

My objection to our treatment of James was mainly because we wasted a squad position on him (at the expense of a fit King). The fact that he's becoming a millionaire doing occasional sessions on an exercise bike is neither here nor there. It's not my money.

You could argue that had we had the guts to deal with him properly, he could well be mentally much healthier now pursuing a rewarding career in coaching or outside the game. Pretending he can hack it is actually pretty irresponsible from a safeguarding perspective.

Is any of that James' fault?

Meg'd Maguire 3 times in a row in training - he can stay for a while.

Yeah we gave him a 4 year contract but no one here knows the details of it - it could be £500pw basic and appearance based for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263