Our club's use of social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely woeful.

Other clubs engage with supporters, answer questions, keep fans updated, give advance notice that there might be signings etc.

Leicester do the bare minimum, using it mainly as a marketing tool.

The media department try to be as anonymous as possible, not putting names to stories on the official site, not having personal twitter accounts linked to the club. Do they contract it out to a marketing company?

It's rubbish and it's so frustrating for me as I would love that job!

I'm pretty sure it's handled in-house, as I remember the club advertising it a while back. Admittedly that was probably 2 years ago so it may have changed but I doubt it.

The club took a long time to even get social media profiles and the strategy/standard doesn't really seem to have evolved since.

If they read this and want to make it better they should let me know ;)

It's rubbish and it's so frustrating for me as I would love that job!

I'm pretty sure it's handled in-house, as I remember the club advertising it a while back. Admittedly that was probably 2 years ago so it may have changed but I doubt it.

The club took a long time to even get social media profiles and the strategy/standard doesn't really seem to have evolved since.

If they read this and want to make it better they should let me know ;)
Why don't you contact them?

Totally agree. I recently messaged them on twitter to ask about ticket availability on the door for the Walsall match. No response which lead me to spending 30 mins on the phone to the ticket office, only to be told they were available. I'm sure I wasn't the only one asking this question and they could have used my tweet to understand that this information wasn't on the website.

While we're at it - because I think they're all the same people - anyone who purchased the 2013-2014 season review DVD should be automatically refunded. One of the most amateurish productions I've ever seen. This was without doubt created in house on what I can only assume was Windows Movie maker.

The quality of the footage was so bad from some games that you couldn't make out which player was which - almost like they had downloaded it from youtube!

While we're at it - because I think they're all the same people - anyone who purchased the 2013-2014 season review DVD should be automatically refunded. One of the most amateurish productions I've ever seen. This was without doubt created in house on what I can only assume was Windows Movie maker.

The quality of the footage was so bad from some games that you couldn't make out which player was which - almost like they had downloaded it from youtube!

Agree, I bought it thinking it would be a great reminder of the season but was pretty disappointed by the quality TBH

Why not? Lots of businesses bigger than LCFC do.

Other business have dedicated pages for that kind of thing.

As do the club. :102:

And they should realise it's not an additional work load either - often these requests are going to come through one channel or another (as was seen in my earlier example).

The club don't. They don't encourage people toget in touch that way. Whether they should is a different issue and clearly people are expecting more of them in that regard

They encourage people to get in touch via email. I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent them in July.
Mine was answered within minutes. I guess the response time depends on what you ask for. Was it something naughty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669