our gaffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avril Levein

i have given myself a couple of days to get over the emotions of tuesday evening and im sorry if im repeating any previous comments, but here goes.

I really dont understand levein. i mean he pays £750,000 for Hume, who he has apparently been tracking for months, only to leave him on the bench in favour of Elvis, a quite frankly awful finisher, who we spent far too much on. Then he replaces Ryan Smith, IMO our best player on the night, with the headless chicken that is Tiatto. De Vries, who was having a good game, was subbed for Dublin, who is about 5 years past any sort of previous decency.

Add to that the lack of chances created and the lack of drive against a 10 man side, who IMO looked a terrible side throughout. Kisnorbo as captain simply baffles me. Maybury is terrible at left back and yet he has played there numerous times this season, and been found out on most occassions. Nissa, probably our best defender, doesnt even make the bench.

Please dont get me wrong, I like Levein. I think he has brought in some good players, but he doesnt seem to be able to accomodate them into their true positions, form vital partnerships, ie: strikers, centre mids and centre backs. The formation doesnt seem to work with the players he wants to play. His desire to convert the majority of the players into utility men is very bizarre. There never appears to be a structured game plan, and our set pieces, both offensive and defensive are quiet simply appauling. Anyway sorry about the rant, hope it wasnt too tedious

Avril Levein said:
i have given myself a couple of days to get over the emotions of tuesday evening and im sorry if im repeating any previous comments, but here goes.

I really dont understand levein. i mean he pays £750,000 for Hume, who he has apparently been tracking for months, only to leave him on the bench in favour of Elvis, a quite frankly awful finisher, who we spent far too much on. Then he replaces Ryan Smith, IMO our best player on the night, with the headless chicken that is Tiatto. De Vries, who was having a good game, was subbed for Dublin, who is about 5 years past any sort of previous decency.

Add to that the lack of chances created and the lack of drive against a 10 man side, who IMO looked a terrible side throughout. Kisnorbo as captain simply baffles me. Maybury is terrible at left back and yet he has played there numerous times this season, and been found out on most occassions. Nissa, probably our best defender, doesnt even make the bench.

Please dont get me wrong, I like Levein. I think he has brought in some good players, but he doesnt seem to be able to accomodate them into their true positions, form vital partnerships, ie: strikers, centre mids and centre backs. The formation doesnt seem to work with the players he wants to play. His desire to convert the majority of the players into utility men is very bizarre. There never appears to be a structured game plan, and our set pieces, both offensive and defensive are quiet simply appauling. Anyway sorry about the rant, hope it wasnt too tedious
while what you say is true mate, it has already been said

Avril Levein said:

Feel free to rant. :icon_razz :icon_wink :023:

In defence of Levein, the OS today says Smith is an injury doubt for Saturday after going off with a knock on Tuesday, so Levein can't really be blamed for taking him off there.

Although, that may just be a bit of spin put out by the club to try and cover Levein for making a stupid decision by taking Smith off...

Smith was training by himself today, I saw it with my own eyes, don't be so cynical ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669