Our idiot fans again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned pitch invasion if you have something to celebrate... I can't really see it happening as most people see it as a forgone conclusion we'll get promoted anyway. It will be a polite round of applause a monkey dance to some prearranged music and they all shuffle off quietly.

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned pitch invasion if you have something to celebrate... I can't really see it happening as most people see it as a forgone conclusion we'll get promoted anyway. It will be a polite round of applause a monkey dance to some prearranged music and they all shuffle off quietly.

You mean aside from the children that will get caught up and injured in it, along with the innocent law abiders who just want to celebrate in the stand.

Plus the away fans retaliating, especially if it is against Leeds and the ensuing violence.

Oh and the fact it is against the law and will result in a fine and possibly a points deduction for the club?

Cracking idea really.

You mean aside from the children that will get caught up and injured in it, along with the innocent law abiders who just want to celebrate in the stand.

Plus the away fans retaliating, especially if it is against Leeds and the ensuing violence.

Oh and the fact it is against the law and will result in a fine and possibly a points deduction for the club?

Cracking idea really.

Deary me, opinions of a 52 year old, Matt.

Stoke did it last season and hardly seen any of these three points occur. I've seen done at Stoke, Notts County, Lincoln, Barnsley, Filbert Street and never seen a problem. At an away ground, it would be dodgy but it's happened.

If there was a decent surge made, 60% of the crowd at the Scunny game will join in.

Last edited:
Deary me, opinions of a 52 year old, Matt.

Stoke did it last season and hardly seen any of these three points occur. I've seen done at Stoke, Notts County, Lincoln, Barnsley, Filbert Street and never seen a problem. At an away ground, it would be dodgy but it's happened.

If there was a decent surge made, 60% of the crowd at the Scunny game will join in.

So you are saying 1000 people storming onto a pitch will not result in any injuries?

Cracking idea really.

Firstly, why would children be on the pitch? If they are so small that they will get hurt then they will be there with their parents.... who would be responsible and stop them from going on there.

In what way would people being on the pitch hurt someone celebrating in the stands. We have rows of seating you know, people aren't going to throw themselves down the seats to get there.

Away fans would only react if they are being goaded by our supporters, not because they are on the pitch. The person on 606 said they wanted to celebrate on the pitch not goad the away fans. You could say the to go hand in hand, but no one other than Leeds and Millwall fans would give a crap about us celebrating promotion from this league.

There will be trouble against Leeds whether we win the game or not. If we did, there would be so many extra stewards and police for that game the fans wouldn't stand a chance of getting on the pitch anyway.

When was the last time someone got docked points for their fans celebrating promotion? It's also against the law to download music, but I'd wager you've done that and so have most of the others crying about it being against the law.

Personally I'll be stood in the stand.... but seeing people celebrating on the pitch adds to the day for me. As it did when we beat Oxford 1-0 and that day will live long in the memory. I'm guessing you didn't enjoy it though as you were too worried about all the law breakers and helping the 100's of injured people stood in the stands.

Firstly, why would children be on the pitch? If they are so small that they will get hurt then they will be there with their parents.... who would be responsible and stop them from going on there.

People have to get from the stand to the pitch, we already have knobhead fans rushing over seats and aisles to goad the away fans at home, do you think they will give a shit about people in front of them in their quest to get onto the pitch?

In what way would people being on the pitch hurt someone celebrating in the stands. We have rows of seating you know, people aren't going to throw themselves down the seats to get there.

See above, if you think people would be sensiblein getting down then you obviously haven't seen a lot of the fans we attract at home.

Away fans would only react if they are being goaded by our supporters, not because they are on the pitch. The person on 606 said they wanted to celebrate on the pitch not goad the away fans. You could say the to go hand in hand, but no one other than Leeds and Millwall fans would give a crap about us celebrating promotion from this league.

Of coures their fans would be goaded, I would wager a large portion of our fans, once on the pitch, would head straight for the opposition fans to jeer and possibly even get into their stand.

There will be trouble against Leeds whether we win the game or not. If we did, there would be so many extra stewards and police for that game the fans wouldn't stand a chance of getting on the pitch anyway.

When was the last time someone got docked points for their fans celebrating promotion?

I don't know about the points, hence I put possibly, but I know teams have been fined for not controlling their fans, this would be deemed as such.

It's also against the law to download music, but I'd wager you've done that and so have most of the others crying about it being against the law.

My views on this are abundant on the forum, speak to Fludie or FIF.

Personally I'll be stood in the stand.... but seeing people celebrating on the pitch adds to the day for me. As it did when we beat Oxford 1-0 and that day will live long in the memory. I'm guessing you didn't enjoy it though as you were too worried about all the law breakers and helping the 100's of injured people stood in the stands.

I wasn't there, was a kid then. But the tone of your message says you wouldn't care if there were 100's injured in the stands, which puts you in the same bracket as the people I mentioned at the start.

When we were promoted to the prem, nothing happened. Just a silly parade with banners etc.

So you are saying 1000 people storming onto a pitch will not result in any injuries?

It's already happened and there's not been any injuries. :icon_roll There was at least 5,000 on the pitch at Stoke and nothing kicked off or was injured. The idiots are an small minority and the whole hysteria would be too much plus the coppers and stewards immediate attention is too section off the away fans as seen at Barnsley and Notts County by myself.

There's thousands of fans charging about on terracing across the world every weekend and there's probably 50 deaths all season. Hardly any are in Europe despite the nature of fans in the Eastern Bloc.

Anyone who rushes on will probably be in position for the final whistle. So any rushing from the seats will be the second wind and by the time, no-one will be rushing because the stewards will have gave up.

There will defo be an attempt at any of the few away games.

Cracking idea really.

Excellent post.

People have to get from the stand to But the tone of your message says you wouldn't care if there were 100's injured in the stands, which puts you in the same bracket as the people I mentioned at the start.

No, the tone of my message is that you are overreacting. Having been in one as a nipper, I have to inform you I was perfectly safe sat in my seat. From what I remember there were no marauding hordes, the away fans weren't attacked, people weren't lying injured around the ground.

There was just a group of people so thrilled that they wanted to share it with the players and the other fans out on the pitch. Those wanting to "storm" the pitch were already at the front when the whistle went and anyone who wanted to follow just wandered down there.

I appreciate what you're saying, if we were Leeds United then i'd probably agree with you. But we are a family club with a tiny minority of idiots who are a danger to people every game of the season.

Last edited:
Forest invaded their pitch at the end of the season and didnt get a points deduction

did we get a points deduction when we invaded the pitch at the last game of filbo?

has anyone ever got a points deduction for a pitch invasion related to promotion?

Forest invaded their pitch at the end of the season and didnt get a points deduction

did we get a points deduction when we invaded the pitch at the last game of filbo?

has anyone ever got a points deduction for a pitch invasion related to promotion?

"What about the children?! Won't somebody please think of the children!?"!!!!

©Helen Lovejoy. The Simpson.

Its a bit weird how people associate pitch invasions with violence without discrimination.

Over here in the states (granted they are hedonistic, uncivilized animals) it's quite common to see a big victory celebrated by people flooding the "field." You never really hear much about panic, or violence or anything else, in fact, at times it's almost lauded as a show of fan fervor.

I dont see a great deal wrong with letting the home fans on the pitch to celebrate what would be a big day for us. In fact, I suspect trying to prevent it could lead to more violence than simply understanding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566