Oxford UCCE match

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

After bowling out Oxford cheaply we are 61/3. Maunders out for 31, Jacobs run out for 28.

Despite it only being a bunch of students I think it will say a lot about the quality of Maunders/Sadler/New if none of them make a ton in this match. I don't see them as century makers and if they can't do it against Oxford with the experience they have they certainly won't do it in the championship.

Sadlers gone now for 39 but New's got his 50 213-6

New hit a century 125:038::038:

370-9

Again needed a recovery but shows we have some strength down the order. Rowe looks like a bowler who can bat a bit. Well done New - hopefully that will be a bit of a breakthrough for him as he's gone out in the 80s a few times.

New's maiden first class century :038: Hes been our best batsman so far this season, good to see.

Sadly there aren't too many other positives to take from the game. Henderson bowling well I guess...

Hopefully New can carry that form into the Championship. If we can get Broad and Masters back maybe the season will start to turn.

Rain stopped play they are 5 down with 1 retired hurt so hopfully rattle through the tail on the re-start

Leics won by an innings and 14 runs.

8 wickets in the match for Rowe, 9 for Henderson.

a good win:038:

lets carry this through to the games that matter

Will be interesting to see who's playing in the next championship match. With Jacobs and now Kruger signed and possibly Broad and Masters coming back there seems to be competition for places.

My team would be:

New
Robinson
Ackerman
Jacobs
Allenby
Nixon
Amjad
Henderson
Broad
Masters
Kruger

I'd give Rowe a chance instead of Masters and given the choice would leave Kruger out. I think it's an awful, short-termist signing especially since Tim Boon has said he's also looking for an overseas player. That would give us 6 Kolpak/Overseas players....terrible. I've no doubt it will improve our performances but it's hardly long-term planning.

And I hope you are right and that they don't drop Allenby for Maunders - but since Maunders was captain at the oxford game I think they might.

You're right about Rowe. Had a very good game. It's funny how Boon has said he'll give our youngsters a go and he's gone and signed 2 kolpak players in a week. Ok so we've had a poor start in the championship but having potentially 6 'foreigners' in the team is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00