Pace in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

I feel we have none what so ever, it takes us 10 minutes to turn defence into attack.
Not one single player wants to carry the ball, in fact no one is quick enough to carry the ball!
Gillespie attempts now and again but thats as good as he gets. Fans get on the edge of the seats when you see someone on the ball with pace, and we dont have that. We need a couple of pacey wingers and a pacey striker in the summer otherwise we'll never score

Maybe the Slovenian is quick,from what I've seen of him( which isn't a lot )Kisnorbo looks a pacey only thing is he does tend to forget the ball when he 's running....

Yorkshire Vixen said:
oh great :roll:

Apparently YV his performance on the pitch mirrors MK's in the bedroom.Plenty of effort but no end product and he shoots too soon...sad really.

highland fox said:
Maybe the Slovenian is quick,from what I've seen of him( which isn't a lot )Kisnorbo looks a pacey only thing is he does tend to forget the ball when he 's running....

highlander - that is IMO the funniest post ever ever. I really do. Thanks a lot - you truly are a foot. :lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
:lol: :lol: at least mk shoots

himself in the foot regularly.

:roll:
I'm not even going to fecking bother..
drama-free.gif

Thanks for the Nightjar MK, I bet she is nestling on a couple of warm, twitching eggs..............marvellous scenes!

No no - we can't have him in the side he would lose the ball while trying to flog stuff to the opposition.

oh sorry, I thought you said Mace in the team

Furtle said:
Thanks for the Nightjar MK, I bet she is nestling on a couple of warm, twitching eggs..............marvellous scenes!
you're welcome furtle.

Last night we did exactly the same to cardif as we did to the trees. We backed eleven of their men into their penalty box and then passed the ball about until someone had the balls to cross the ball into the box.

Problem is there would only be 2 or 3 leicester players in their box. so we where out numbered 3 to 1 and had little chance of scoring.

We could learn a lot from arsnull who will stand further back and pass the ball about, drawing oposition players away from the box, then score on the break.

Nice Avocet, MK... it can only be described as a foppish denizen!

I think that, more important than out and out pace (Akinbiyi, anyone?), is quickness of thought and the ability to drive forwrds. We now have several players (I'm thinking of Hughes especially, plus the likes of Williams, Connolly, Stewart, Gillespie, etc) who are capable of making forward runs and quick passes. Lumping the ball over the top to a failed 100m sprinter is not really the answer. If this lot start to play anywhere near as well as they should be doing, we'll be all right...

DesertFox said:
Nice Avocet, MK... it can only be described as a foppish denizen
me or the avocet? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675