Parks and Recreation plus other American imports:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter is very, very good
Boardwalk Empire has been superb to date
American Horror Story is falling short in Series 2 but I'm sticking with it.

And I'm about to sample Suits & Touch

Suits & Dexter are both fantastic.

Dexter almost goes without saying, it's so good.

7 series in and still just as good I think. The current season has been superb.

My current watchlist (when they're all on) is:

Dexter
Homeland
Family Guy
Community
Modern Family
How I Met Your Mother
Person of Interest
Once Upon a Time
Revolution
Big Bang Theory
White Collar
Suburgatory
The Mentalist
Cougar Town
New Girl
Happy Endings
The Newsroom
Go On
Touch

Last edited:
Genius. Just superb. Bizarre, though, that Sky often line it up next to The Middle, which is terrible.

Would you say it's the greatest thing you have ever watched?
\
Season 3 is up there, season 2 was pretty poor in comparison.

We also watch Up All Night and looking forward to the Arrested Development movie.

Family Guy
Great cast, and I love Seth McFarlane. Not the best of his three regular animated shows though. I'm far more impressed with American Dad. It feels like a more intelligent brand of humour.
How I Met Your Mother
Classic one-character show. Neil Patrick Harris is great but the rest might as well not be there. Cobie Smulders isn't funny, and she's not credible as this irresistible man magnet. Josh Radnor's Ted is the most dislikeable central character since Zach Braff's John Dorian - probably because he's the same douchebag. Jason Segel I've very little time for anyway, but Marshall is both a twat and not funny. Alyson Hannigan's character is shit. I'm not sure why this is popular.
Big Bang Theory
Almost a one-character show. Jim Parsons is clearly the centre of the show. Johnny Galecki's Leonard is not funny in and of himself but is a likeable character. Simon Hellberg and Kunal Nayyar as Howard and Raj are good support characters. Kaley Cuoco is a waste of space. This is better than a Chuck Lorre show has any right to be. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch, nor would I buy it on DVD, but it's worth a look just for the Sheldon character.
Suburgatory
I actually like this. There are several exaggeratedly absurd characters which of course are essential in a sitcom.
The Mentalist
I suspect this is crap, yet I always end up watching it when I see it's on.
Great show. Zooey Deschanel is a charming idiot. I love the Schmidt character especially.
Happy Endings
Do not like. My mate swears it's brilliant though, and he's not often far from my opinion.
The Newsroom
Only seen a couple of episodes. I want this to be good, but can't judge from what I've seen.
\
Season 3 is up there, season 2 was pretty poor in comparison.
Apologies, I was referencing another shit in-joke :icon_bigg

Great show. Zooey Deschanel is a charming idiot. I love the Schmidt character especially.

Do not like. My mate swears it's brilliant though, and he's not often far from my opinion.

Only seen a couple of episodes. I want this to be good, but can't judge from what I've seen.

I think the whole cast for New Girl is great. Winston is probably my favourite. He doesn't do a lot, but I think he's brilliant.

Happy Endings just keeps getting better. Elisha Cuthbert is actually very funny, but again, the whole cast is good.

I'm with you on the Newsroom. Having watched the whole first series, I'm still not sure about it!
I forgot House of Lies from that list too, which kind of fits in that same category.

Anyone see Homeland last night on C4? Penultimate episode of the current season.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

I think they will/should kill off Brody in the last episode. It would be a brave decision to off a leading character, but I don't see what part has to play now. Abu Nazir's gone and he'd turned his back on the terrorists anyway, but there's no way they can let him carry on in government still.... Estes, Saul and David surely wouldn't let that happen, and can't see all 3 of those being killed off (plus anyone else inside that knows about it?). So what will he be doing?
I really hope that they don't get rid of Saul! Maybe Estes will die, who knows. I wouldn't really want him to go either, but preferable to Saul.

Looking forward to watching the final part next week. Was tempted to watch it now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570