Paul Aldridge Leaves Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to raise alarm bells here, but has anyone else noticed, Lee Hoo, LeeH, hmmm interesting, where is she tonight?

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here, and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists and Mad Mandy haters will tell me otherwise... but isn't it possible that the statement is actually true, and Aldridge really has just left because he spotted a good opportunity elsewhere, rather than he can't stand MM?.

Well they say there is a first time for everything, just don't think this is one of em

Reading this thread through and, to me, (or should it be imho?) it appears we have some Leicester City supporters on this website that are no more than Sun reading, X factor/big brother watching numties.

If we cast our minds back to when mr Aldridge joined, it was beware the Ides of March, now he's gone, we're going to hell in a handcart.

I'm going back to drummins safehouse, cos it sure aint safe out here!!!

If we cast our minds back to when mr Aldridge joined, it was beware the Ides of March, now he's gone, we're going to hell in a handcart.

It has been explained already that the problem is not that he's gone, but the fact that the club can't keep hold of senior staff, which suggests there is a major problem somewhere.

The same thing happened at Portsmouth, with non footballing people leaving not long after they joined.

Maybe MM should run an Apprentice style recruitment process to see if that helps him get suitable people.

Can anybody tell me one massively positive thing Paul Aldridge did during his tenure please? Or at least a few lesser examples of positivity just so that I'm fully aware of why his departure is so bad for the club?
It isn't a question of what Aldridge has done - it's what Mandaric hasn't.

My take of the club is that there were very serious problems possibly leading to terminal decline before the Mandaric takeover. Mandaric then seemed to offer a welcome opportunity to address those problems but his mistakes and personality have created a whole set of new problems.

It is never too late to get things sorted but he really needs to get his act together very quickly now.

Not too fussed about the fact Aldridge has left the club, but what does concern me is the message it sends out, we are a club in complete disarray with little stability in any area of the business.

Hardly a selling point when trying to attract a new Manager !!!

A senior executive position in the Premier League is probably why Aldridge has left. I believe Arsenal had a position available that might have interested him.

Maybe he thought Mandy was going to step down as a few of us had speculated on but that hasn't happened to date. All further speculation but the lure of running a business in the third tier of English football obviously didn't match his ambitions. Remember he had joined a club with Premier potential (or so he had been persuaded to believe)

Will not be a great loss in my opinion. Aldridge was dead set against standing and was rumoured to be considering draconian steps on enforcing it next season, he didn't come up with the 'fans forum' idea he had been lauded for, and I agree with Boc that he saw the fans as a cash cow there for the milking.

F*ck him, he's off ...but then again I can't actually blame him jumping ship.

Like most of the senior executives in the game today they are (like the players) motivated primarily by prestige and paycheques. At least the new suit (hooo?) has experience of working with a sometimes benevolent eccentric.

I don't think it is bad for the club except insofar as it is another exit from the club - and we are becoming more known for these exits than for anything else that we do. I do think though that Aldridge's departure is seriously good news for the fans, who he saw as no more than a golden cow.

well said, i find it amazing how quickly the mass opinion changes on things. when Aldridge was brought in everyone was concerned as he was a dodgy sort of fella.....now he's the victim of evil mandy

Not too fussed about the fact Aldridge has left the club, but what does concern me is the message it sends out, we are a club in complete disarray with little stability in any area of the business.

Hardly a selling point when trying to attract a new Manager !!!

I think that is spot on - Aldridge leaving with the prospect of a Premiership job - is no big deal. The really big problem is the continuous messages being sent out from The Walkers that the club is in upheaval.

If we detach ourselves from our own interests as fans, its difficult to see how good candidates are going to be interested in buying into this set up.

I think that is spot on - Aldridge leaving with the prospect of a Premiership job - is no big deal. The really big problem is the continuous messages being sent out from The Walkers that the club is in upheaval.

If we detach ourselves from our own interests as fans, its difficult to see how good candidates are going to be interested in buying into this set up.
I agree with all of that except for one key point - you appear to have forgotten one key point and that is 'we are a massive club'. Considering that we probably eclipse Real Madrid I am surprised Mandaric manages to keep all the interest in the club so quiet.

It's OK. It has turned up

lost club.jpg

I agree with all of that except for one key point - you appear to have forgotten one key point and that is 'we are a massive club'. Considering that we probably eclipse Real Madrid I am surprised Mandaric manages to keep all the interest in the club so quiet.

Yes - but even our supremacy over Real Madrid could be under threat if they were to sign Ronaldo.

I think MM needs to put on one side trying to find a manager from down the local JobCentre Plus centre and start putting together a package to bring in Ronaldo and Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669