Pearson and his favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Don't get me wrong its only two games into the new season and I am a Pearson fan but he has got to get his favourites sorted out. He seems to have a policy of playing everyone he signs and refuses to drop certain individuals over others and it really winds me up. Already this season you can see that Vardy and James along with Dyer are going to be the ever presents regardless, how can Danns and Nugent be left on the bench after being two of our most stand out players last season. You can see by the reaction given on twitter that Pearson gives no explanation as to why the players haven't been selected and leaves them in the dark, clearly he'd rather be concentrating on talking up his favourites. Players which have left in Howard and Mills have told how they weren't spoken to about there future and were pretty much frozen out, I just don't like this way of managing from Pearson, he is a good young manager with good ideas but he needs to start being fair and not just play his new signings and preffered personalities.

We've played two games............

We've played two games............

And I'm already banging my head against a ****ing wall (not because we have not won both games either)

Holy Baby Jebus

What a load of cobblers

You can't argue with it. Pearson has has ****ed off two of our most naturally gifted players, and atleast they had the good grace to come and and tell tales after being unceremoniously forced out.

Its all on twitter you know.

Last edited:
You can't argue with it. Pearson has has ****ed off two of our most naturally gifted players, and atleast they had the good grace to come and and tell tales after being unceremoniously forced out.

Its all on twitter you know.

So you rate Mills and Howard as 'two of our most naturally gifted players' ! That's as absurd as the whole of your post.

So you rate Mills and Howard as 'two of our most naturally gifted players' ! That's as absurd as the whole of your post.

I won't have a bad word said against them! It would have been us playing Manchester City this weekend had Pearson given them a chance.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

So can anyone explain why two of our best players from last season have been left out the first two games, it has nothing to do with the system we play, nothing to do with injury.......

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

I just thought he was continuing the sarcasm!

Anyway, Harboro Fox, you've said at the top of your post that you know its only 2 games in and then immediately had a moan about his favourites getting an undeserved amount of game time.

Defensively, Pearson could only have fielded the four he did due to injuries.

In the midfield, Marshall and Drinkwater are the most creative players we have and it was a straight choice between Dyer or Knockaert on the left. Both are Pearson signings and in this case he went for experience in a tough away game. You could take issue with James I guess, but Pearson has signed him and clearly intends to use him. Whether its a matter of King and Danns lacking fitness or a tactical decision, nobody knows. I certainly don't think he's in there simply by virtue of having been signed by Pearson.

Up front, Beckford and Vardy were stand out players in the previous three games (S'land, Gulls, Posh) and need a chance to gel. Beckford and Nugent had the whole of last season pretty much to themselves up front, and Nuge got a half last night.

In short, he picked a winner in the cup, didn't change it and we won again, then we lost with the same team on the back of some sloppy mistakes. If he had picked a different team last night and lost, people would be bemoaning his tinkering.

Last edited:
So can anyone explain why two of our best players from last season have been left out the first two games, it has nothing to do with the system we play, nothing to do with injury.......

The manager prefers the other options? Fecking crazy thought I know.

Because Beckford and Vardy are better than Nugent? And that James, King and Drinkwater are better than Danns? Nugent had the same effect as Beckford last night and IMO it was the wrong decision to make that substitution as he had very little impact on the game. As for Danns, again IMO, Drinkwater is a better player; and too much of a similar player to Danns and as we have no plan b anyway, to play a Centre Midfield Partnership with no variation would not work.

Did you go to the Sunderland friendly Harbro-Fox ?

I'm guessing not. Beckford & Vardy combined well in the 1st half, Nugent did nothing in the 2nd to indicate he should be 1st choice - so I would have made the same decision as NP.

Again in that friendly, Drinkwater ran the show in the first half, it was a case of who you play alongside him - perhaps he isn't convinced by a Danns/Drinky combo. James did ok, 2nd half we didn't control the middle with King & Danns. So again seeing how the 1st half went NO's decision seemed logical

Now with King getting 2 in 2 and us performing better when he was on the pitch, you would think King would get the nod against Blackburn

But Kasper and Konch have started both games?

I wish Pearson would stop picking his favourites and pick mine instead. Who does he think he is, the manager?

Combinations of Danns, Drinkwater and King were tried last season, on the whole, not to great effect.

James is there to give something different.

I wouldn't be surprised to see King on the bench again against Blackburn and brought on if we need a goal.

Nugent might feel a little hard done by for being out of the team, but he just needs to wait his turn. I'm actually surprised Vardy has come straight in for both games, but clearly Pearson is the man for the job.

I think Dyer will be out of the starting line-up once Knockaert has had some time to settle and adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566