Pearson on his LCFC future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weso is not only shit, but shit and a leper. What a ridiculous claim that he's been harshly overlooked

I like Weso. Always gave his all and I genuinely thought he would turn into a great player for us. Remember going mental when he scored at QPR once. Very nice guy as well - met him when he was injured.

I'm not saying he's been harshly treated in any way and I fully expect him to be on his way this summer, however.

Milan ought to take some advice from XTC on this.

You mean an injury prone player who he gave a shot at the first team back last season and Gradel who has proved on Saturday is a complete liability possessing arrogance too?

As for the three you mentioned...Neilson was probably a tip off a scout, freebie - not much lost. N'Guessan is a prospect at times this season he's looked brilliant and McGivern was a tip off Beaglehole.

He's brought stability, strength and some grit back to the club. As proved in recent weeks, a team spirit has been more than expressed.

The examples of other managers
Jones at Cardiff: It's took him three years to eventually get them into the playoffs and that's with paying £4 million for one player.

Davies at Forest: Nearly £10 million spent.

McDermott at Reading: Fair enough but Reading always had the makings of a decent side.

Holloway at Blackpool: Fair enough.

Top bombing Sir..

The examples of other managers
Jones at Cardiff: It's took him three years to eventually get them into the playoffs and that's with paying £4 million for one player.

Which was just the money Sunderland owed us of the £5m fee they agreed for him. Jones has generated far more in revenue than he has spent. Players like Earnshaw, Gunther, Ramsey, Jerome and Roger Johnson all sold to Premiership teams and backfilled with bargain basements and loanees. He has had no raw cash to spend at any time.

Top bombing Sir..

Tsk.

He obviously doesn't want to commit, get Dowie in.

Not just DJ - he's got problems with a few players for no obvious good reason - I think he's treated Wesolowski and Gradel atrociously - not giving them any chance to prove their worth at City (at Championship level) - and yet constantly giving chances to players who, frankly, don't deserve that many - eg Oakley and Gallagher (certainly in the positions Pearson's playing him). You also have to ask why on earth he bought Neilson, spent so much on N'Guessan and persisted with the loan of McGivern when he obviously wasn't up to the job.

I don't want Pearson to go, but I also don't think it would be a total disaster if he did.

How can you sit there with a straight face and question Gallagher's and N'Guessan's contribution to the team. N'Guessan has mainly been a bench player and yet he has scored 6 [six] goals for us - some crucial ones at that. He's also got his fair share of assists as well. He has played his part in what this squad has achieved this season. Have a word with yourself.

Paul Gallagher initially struggled to settle. He was benched and when he was brought on he was played out of position. But when he eventually settled he definitely showed his worth. The boy is class.

Neilson - he took a punt on him, but it didn't pay off. It was a freebie.
McGivern - loan player. Nigel didn't "persist" with him. At one point we had no choice but to play him due to injuries.

The only point I will agree with you is Nigel's persistence with Matt Oakley who put in shocking performances week after week. But he eventually got dropped.

For Christ's sake Mandaric, sign him for longer regardless of the cost. If you haven't learnt yet that finding a manager is difficult something tells me you never ever will.

For a manager with a fairly average reputation beforehand Nigel Pearson has turned out to be somewhat of a legend (and in all seriousness I hope no-one begrudges me for using that term here.) He took us from a shit term to one that was quite worthy of playoffs- and potentially promotion. So stop messing about Mandaric and get that name on a nice long contract.

Which was just the money Sunderland owed us of the £5m fee they agreed for him. Jones has generated far more in revenue than he has spent. Players like Earnshaw, Gunther, Ramsey, Jerome and Roger Johnson all sold to Premiership teams and backfilled with bargain basements and loanees. He has had no raw cash to spend at any time.

Tsk.

Keep quiet and go get your Wembley tickets.

Didn't half those players you sold start coming through the youth academy before Jones came in though? You could say he got lucky in that respect.

Did that yesterday. Bored now.

You could always watch the Pompey cloggers scuffing up the pitch this afternoon. That would stop you playing your usual beautiful passing game wouldn't it :icon_lol:

You could always watch the Pompey cloggers scuffing up the pitch this afternoon. That would stop you playing your usual beautiful passing game wouldn't it :icon_lol:
And Blackpool's.:icon_wink

Didn't half those players you sold start coming through the youth academy before Jones came in though? You could say he got lucky in that respect.
You could say that. You could also say they were sold for comparitively big money because they shone in a good team. Who's to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00