Pearson on RL

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, exactly was mandys response to stringers line of questioning? Didn't see the press conference.

That said. If I were a Hull fan I'd be pretty irate that Pearson is spending time talking about Leicester when he isn't exactly pulling up trees at Hull. Shouldn't he be focusing on sorting his own club out?

I'm not bothered. He was a good boss, he moved on. And so it goes.

I agree that Stringer should not have brought the issue up, particularly as I am struggling to understand why Pearson said anything. Whilst he kept quiet, many people were willing to blame Milan but, what a pathetic whinge, "They didn't beg me to stay!"

Pearson, by his own admission, took the decision to leave: thanks for what you did for us, now shut up!

tbf to Pearson, MM made comments on Friday about Pearson leaving in the summer and that he 'did all he could' to keep him, imo I think NP had every right to reply to those comments, especially if he thought MM wasn't speaking truthfully.
Now, I don't know why NP wouldn't sign his contract deals, whether it had owt to do with his deteriorating relationship with Hoos or whether he was simply keeping his options open, Stringer didn't ask about that( and tbh he should've done whilst he'd got him on the Leicester topic)
And whilst I don't much like Stringer's commentary or his inane babble he was right to ask NP about what happened in the summer considering how shite a job his successor had done when it is now quite clear that he was lined up to be our boss once NP had been got out the way(through his own choice or the clubs)

I really don't think there is much that can be added to it now from either side, MM has had his say, NP has finally had his(It's up to each of us whose version we think is more credible) and I suppose we only have to wait for PS to admit he was here at the play off games with the knowledge he was going to be our manager to complete the tale of the whole sorry mess.

Time to draw a line under it all and move forwards.

Last edited:
More importantly, why did Stringer not ask him why Martin Allen left? We need the truth.

The same old shit about ambition etc being spouted. I've heard it all before. It means nothing

When someone actually asks a question which requires an actual answer, rather than a soundbite, they get pissed off because they don't like the journalist asking question. I'm not a massive fan of Stringers, I often despair at his tweets, but the question needed to be asked. Ultimately Svens appointment as manager is because of what went on with Pearson in the summer, and because the issue has never been probably discussed by either party before yesterday, then it made sense for a question to be asked.

Nobody has said the question shouldn't be asked, but it was completely the wrong time to ask it and made him and the club look like fools.

For your benefit, and for all of us who are fed up with your tedious negativity, I'm repeating my earlier post - which you may have overlooked or even chosen to ignore - because I would like to see your response. Once again and finally from me, Mandaric wanted Pearson to stay. He chose to leave.

Two things about NP's comments.....

1. Our Chief Exec was the one who got him the job here in the first place. Maybe that made Lee Hoos feel he was a bit superior to Nigel and perhaps Pearson resented that. But it's strange how Nigel would agree to come here when he had already worked with Hoos at Southampton.

2. If Pearson was on holiday and prospective new owners were being shown around, why should he have been informed? Who is to say it would have come to anything so why mention it until something concrete was in taking place? Mandaric had stated publicly that he was looking for additional investment in the club as he could not keep bearing the burden himself, and nigel must have known that.

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

Careful, that could get some people's noses out of joint.

For your benefit, and for all of us who are fed up with your tedious negativity, I'm repeating my earlier post - which you may have overlooked or even chosen to ignore - because I would like to see your response. Once again and finally from me, Mandaric wanted Pearson to stay. He chose to leave.

Two things about NP's comments.....

1. Our Chief Exec was the one who got him the job here in the first place. Maybe that made Lee Hoos feel he was a bit superior to Nigel and perhaps Pearson resented that. But it's strange how Nigel would agree to come here when he had already worked with Hoos at Southampton.

2. If Pearson was on holiday and prospective new owners were being shown around, why should he have been informed? Who is to say it would have come to anything so why mention it until something concrete was in taking place? Mandaric had stated publicly that he was looking for additional investment in the club as he could not keep bearing the burden himself, and nigel must have known that.

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

I'm not usually this negative. I just don't have a good feeling about things at this football club since the summer. And you've said you would like to see my response. Here it is

1). whilst Lee Hoos and NP once got on, doesn't mean there relationship didn't break down. Maybe I'm a bit naive in saying this, but I feel that having a successful manager is more important than having a Chief Executive who could be quite easily replaced.

2). Your view about not saying anything till something more solid is in place is a fair point. But you're ultimately just speculating. So whilst we're in this territory I could quite easily speculate that as Sousa was at the play off games, by the time they were being shown round it was effectively a done deal (ironic I know seeing as it has yet to have been ratified). Therefore if NP still hadn't been told about it, then its pretty shitty

Someone also mentioned its down to whose side of the story you believe. Well I'd much rather trust the word of a guy who was no-nonsense and straight in all his speakings than someone who said on Monday that we all need to get behind Sousa and that he is here for the long term.

Also in response to beights saying that it shouldn't have brought up in the Eriksson press conference I couldn't think of a better time-the comments were only made yesterday so it was only natural to want a response. Also, seeing as Eriksson is only here because of the chain of events that have occurred since the summer, its hardly out of context to bring it up

Last edited:
I'm not usually this negative. I just don't have a good feeling about things at this football club since the summer. And you've said you would like to see my response. Here it is

1). whilst Lee Hoos and NP once got on, doesn't mean there relationship didn't break down. Maybe I'm a bit naive in saying this, but I feel that having a successful manager is more important than having a Chief Executive who could be quite easily replaced.

2). Your view about not saying anything till something more solid is in place is a fair point. But you're ultimately just speculating. So whilst we're in this territory I could quite easily speculate that as Sousa was at the play off games, by the time they were being shown round it was effectively a done deal (ironic I know seeing as it has yet to have been ratified). Therefore if NP still hadn't been told about it, then its pretty shitty

Someone also mentioned its down to whose side of the story you believe. Well I'd much rather trust the word of a guy who was no-nonsense and straight in all his speakings than someone who said on Monday that we all need to get behind Sousa and that he is here for the long term.

Also in response to beights saying that it shouldn't have brought up in the Eriksson press conference I couldn't think of a better time-the comments were only made yesterday so it was only natural to want a response. Also, seeing as Eriksson is only here because of the chain of events that have occurred since the summer, its hardly out of context to bring it up

Fair enough. We all have our own opinions based on our interpretations of what we read and hear. We don't know who is right or wrong but it's good to have a healthy debate. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669