Speculation Pearson Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
......himself to never having to answer a Stringerism ever again.

Please stop this now, I very nearly slammed m laptop shut without reading the thread. I don't want a load of threads with similar heart in mouth moments before the manager role gets filled.

...As much as I'm grateful for what Pearson did for the club in getting us promoted and then almost getting us up again, I don't think going back to him would be a good move and in fact would be a significant step backwards. If we had Pearson back could you really see Bamba in the starting 11? He'll be relegated to the bench for being too fancy, I can also see January moves for Fryatt and Hobbs in the offing and a shift back to a more direct approach. I'd much rather get Billy Davies or Keane in.

I'd much rather get Keane in.

Really? Billy Davies, fair enough, but Keane? I think every criticism you made of Pearson would be the same with Keane, except you just need to replace Fryatt with Grant Ledbitter and also he's a much worse manager.

I doubt Davies would ever take to a player like Bamba either.

Last edited:
...As much as I'm grateful for what Pearson did for the club in getting us promoted and then almost getting us up again, I don't think going back to him would be a good move and in fact would be a significant step backwards. If we had Pearson back could you really see Bamba in the starting 11? He'll be relegated to the bench for being too fancy, I can also see January moves for Fryatt and Hobbs in the offing and a shift back to a more direct approach. I'd much rather get Billy Davies or Keane in.

Have a word with yourself.

I think that the sign of a good manager is that he makes the best of whatever/limited resources availabe (e.g. MON). Perhaps NP with greater resources would play a more open and expansive game. Personally, if he is willing to come back I'd be over the moon. He did a fantastic job turning us around and nearly got us into the Prem. Then he went to Hull and turned them round with limited resources. Billy Davies has proved he can do it but never stays anywhere; And as for Keane - not convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669