Peregrine Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I do tours around the ground for kids on our Schools Projects there is sometimes a fella there with the Falcon, the club have him in to fly the bird around the ground to make sue there's no nests in the roofing etc.. I think they have them in either every week or every other. Not heard of them coming to the games though :)

Seems I was about the only one at the match who didn't see it. First I knew of it was watching the match back when I got home.

:icon_bigg

I also rarely stand up even though I luv Lestah; I never shit on the red side of the tracks; I appreciated Yakubu's quality; I am tolerant of homosexuals; and prefer to watch the subsequent minute after the goal as opposed to bouncing up and down facing the back like a ****.

Oh, and I'm only a half **** as I share a season ticket.

some tosser behind me kept saying "look at that pidgeon " his mate said its a bit big for a pidgeon he said"its a wood pidgeon" what a numpty.

What a nice bird. At one point in the TV coverage I thought it was actually laughing at Derby! :icon_razz

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a wild one. From the TV shots, I didn't notice it wearing jesses, which are the leather strips falconry birds wear around their legs. They'd have been quite obvious when it was flying around. If it was there to get rid of pigeons, presumably they couldn't get it back as the owner wouldn't want it to roost out in the stands.

I saw Peregrine Falcons fly past at games at Filbo quite a few times, and they were a lot rarer then. Me and my brother would always wonder if anyone else noticed, let alone knew what they were. Seeing as we were both editors of the Leicestershire & Rutland Annual Bird Report (yes, there is such a thing, an august publication) we always made sure it got a mention. We also got several other Filbo references in there, including, I think, a Grey Wagtail that flew around in circles under the floodlights in thick fog for the entire duration of a game against Blackburn.

And I imagine that has killed this thread... :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670