Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

If we are serious about getting into the play offs, this is a must, must, must win game for us. It seems as though Gary Johnson will be installed as the new Manager tomorrow, so that may give them a lift. however this is a club that really is in turmoil. Their best three players are either playing for someone else (Boyd), injuired for the rest of the season (McLean), or wishing they were playing elsewhere (Mackail-Smith).

The goalkeeper (Lewis) is still a liability - we want to see plenty of long ranging shooting and good crosses that Howard can get on to. If Dyer is fit, I would be inclined to stick him on the left to give Kerrea the run around.

The defence is weak. Kerrea Gilbert may play at right back. I saw him when Derby played Posh, and his defensive work was poor. In the middle, they have a good, young Centre Half (Ryan Bennett from Grimsby for £500k). Zakuani (who played really well against us last season) will partner him. He's had injury problems and some indifferent performances. Quick on the ground, and a little short for a Centre Half. I expect Howard and Waghorn to master these two comfortably - Howard flick ons and Waghorn latching onto them. Griffiths at left back came from Dagenham and Redbridge - a useful performer, although nothing special.

They are likely to play Exodus Geohaghon just in front of the back four. He's 6ft 7 and has a very long throw a la Rory Delap. He came from Kettering. Although he's improved a litle, he is slow and ponderous and isn't a Championship player.

We should dominate the midfield, with Wellens commanding and orchestrating things. Charlie Lee (scored the first goal against us last season) is likely to feature. Again, has struggled in the Championship this season (a little on the short side), but has shown some improvement recently. Sergio Torres (great name, but hasn't lived up to it!) only came back recently from a loan spell at Wycombe, so hardly a top class performer. Frecklington came from Lincoln, and is mediocre at best - has a good dhot on him.

Tommy Rowe (ex Stockport) is likely to play down the left. I think Morrison should be able to sort him out. In the middle, they are likely to go with Liam Dickinson (played for Derby recently) and Francis Green (was on loan at Chesterfield), with Mackail-Smith likely to be on the bench. Mackail-Smith has been out of sorts, although Johnson may start with him against us so as to curry favour with the disgruntled Posh fans, many of whom are opposed to Barry Fry (let's see how many Fry Out, Fry Out chants we get on Saturday).

All in all, we should win this. Our solid defence should not concede against a side lacking in firepower. Our midfied will win the battle, and I think that Waggy can find the net a few times.

Come on City! No slip ups please!!

praying for a newcastle and bristol city win too!!

A shocking admission but this will be only my second away day of the season. I can't believe its nearly a year since Southend away, how time flys eh?

A shocking admission but this will be only my second away day of the season. I can't believe its nearly a year since Southend away, how time flys eh?

I can beat that - no away games this season :icon_conf

I can beat both of those - no home or away games all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669