Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

Saw the Posh v Ipswich game on Tuesday, so thought I'd like to share some thoughts just in case Nige needs some advice for the forthcoming game. Ipswich, by the way, were really poor. If we finish below them this season, we will be fighting to stay up!

Defence - Lewis had quite a good game in goal. Still liable to making errors, so plenty of shots and crosses (hopefully with Howard underneath them) please chaps. Their best defender is Zakuani - reads the game well and is quick. The other central defender (Morgan - who scored the own goal at the Walker's last year) is a bit of a donkey and someone we can exploit. Williams didn't play, but should be back for our game. I think that N'Guessen and Dyer can get some joy out of them.

Midfielder - This is something that Wellens and Oakley should dominate. If we can win this battle, the game will be ours. They are likely to play the chap they signed from Hereford (Diagorou?) and Coutts (youngster from Scotland who had a good game when we lost 0-2 last season) in the middle. Wellens will boss this area. We must stop them getting the ball out to George Boyd or Craig Mackail-Smith.

Forwards - This is where the Posh can be dangerous. The threat is George Boyd. Watch out for the step overs a la Ronaldo and his shooting from inside the box. Neilson may need some assistance down the right. Mackail- Smith blows hot and cold, is pacey and needs to be shepherded by Jack Hobbs. Wayne Brown should be able to sort out Aron McLean.

Overall assessment - if we have any serious thoughts on finishing in the top six, then teams like Posh have to be beaten at home. I think that we will turn them over. Had Ipswich scored their penalty and made it 2-0, I think Posh would have lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I fall asleep for three weeks?

How did we do against Newcastle and Blackpool? Did England Win?

It's a bit previous for the Peterborough pre-match thread isn't it?

Same team same result different score 2-0 Howard Wellens, they apparantly played well at weekend but people were saying Blackpool were playing well lets keep it going..id like to see Tunch Adams and Kermo given 30 mins

A bit pedantic if you ask me Jeff. I found it easily enough.

After the weekend's win I'm expecting us to take another 3 points and extending our 100% record at the walkers to 4 games. Peterborough have found it hard in the Championship and therefore I'll be expecting us to comfortably win.

3-1 Fryatt, Oakley & N'Guessan

A bit pedantic if you ask me Jeff. I found it easily enough.

Of course you found it, it's just been started. But I'm talking about when people are using the search feature to look for it. In 6 months time if someone is looking for this thread for any reason it will be easier to find it if it's been set up correctly.
It will also help people who are using search engines to search for info about the match if the team's name is spelt correctly.

Same team same result different score 2-0 Howard Wellens, they apparantly played well at weekend but people were saying Blackpool were playing well lets keep it going..id like to see Tunch Adams and Kermo given 30 mins

Why would you want an injured player to risk aggravating his injury?

Was he injured before, during or after the reserve game he played in last week?

Yes. That is why he was not on the bench on Saturday.

Of course you found it, it's just been started. But I'm talking about when people are using the search feature to look for it. In 6 months time if someone is looking for this thread for any reason it will be easier to find it if it's been set up correctly.
It will also help people who are using search engines to search for info about the match if the team's name is spelt correctly.

The thrill is in the hunt though ;)

But I do take your point on

Last edited:
Saw the Posh v Ipswich game on Tuesday, so thought I'd like to share some thoughts just in case Nige needs some advice for the forthcoming game. Ipswich, by the way, were really poor. If we finish below them this season, we will be fighting to stay up!

Defence - Lewis had quite a good game in goal. Still liable to making errors, so plenty of shots and crosses (hopefully with Howard underneath them) please chaps. Their best defender is Zakuani - reads the game well and is quick. The other central defender (Morgan - who scored the own goal at the Walker's last year) is a bit of a donkey and someone we can exploit. Williams didn't play, but should be back for our game. I think that N'Guessen and Dyer can get some joy out of them.

Midfielder - This is something that Wellens and Oakley should dominate. If we can win this battle, the game will be ours. They are likely to play the chap they signed from Hereford (Diagorou?) and Coutts (youngster from Scotland who had a good game when we lost 0-2 last season) in the middle. Wellens will boss this area. We must stop them getting the ball out to George Boyd or Craig Mackail-Smith.

Forwards - This is where the Posh can be dangerous. The threat is George Boyd. Watch out for the step overs a la Ronaldo and his shooting from inside the box. Neilson may need some assistance down the right. Mackail- Smith blows hot and cold, is pacey and needs to be shepherded by Jack Hobbs. Wayne Brown should be able to sort out Aron McLean.

Overall assessment - if we have any serious thoughts on finishing in the top six, then teams like Posh have to be beaten at home. I think that we will turn them over. Had Ipswich scored their penalty and made it 2-0, I think Posh would have lost.

What a good post. I shall find this really useful when watching the game. I would like more posts like this in the pre-match threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669