Peyton Manning to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Great acquisition for the Broncos, and I'm curious to see how this affects the development and/or career path of Tim Tebow. 2012 is already an interesting year.

Great acquisition for the Broncos, and I'm curious to see how this affects the development and/or career path of Tim Tebow. 2012 is already an interesting year.

Interesting one this. They were never going to go far long term with Tebow at QB. On the other hand Manning must surely be a bit of a risk given all the surgery he's had. If he's fit, it's a great signing. If he gets injured, will they sink as fast as the Colts did last season?

I'm already looking forward to next season, but I've got to get through the rest of March Madness and The NFL Draft yet, happy times.

Interesting one this. They were never going to go far long term with Tebow at QB. On the other hand Manning must surely be a bit of a risk given all the surgery he's had. If he's fit, it's a great signing. If he gets injured, will they sink as fast as the Colts did last season?

I'm already looking forward to next season, but I've got to get through the rest of March Madness and The NFL Draft yet, happy times.

This is a confusing one for me. With how well the Broncos finished last season you would have thought they would have tried to keep it going this season and see what Tebow can do over a full season. I agree he might not be a long term option, but then Peyton is hardly long term either.

I am already starting to get withdrawl symptoms, I can always tell because I start playing on my old NFL 06 PC game

This is a confusing one for me. With how well the Broncos finished last season you would have thought they would have tried to keep it going this season and see what Tebow can do over a full season. I agree he might not be a long term option, but then Peyton is hardly long term either.

I am already starting to get withdrawl symptoms, I can always tell because I start playing on my old NFL 06 PC game

i know what you're saying Willlow, but from week 5, when he came off the bench to replace Orton, these were their results:
SD 29 @ DEN 24 - Not his fault as they rallied when he came on
DEN 18 @ MIA 15 - Miami were very poor last season
DET 45 @ DEN 10 - Absolutely tonked
DEN 38 @ OAK 24 - AFC West was by far the worth division last year
DEN 17 @ KC 10 - AFC West!!
NYJ 13 @ DEN 17 - A good win, but the Jets were a lot poorer than predicted last year
DEN 16 @ SD 13 - AFC West!!
DEN 35 @ MIN 32 - Poor Vikings team
CHI 10 @ DEN 13 - Cutler and Forte were both out for the Bears
NE 41 @ DEN 23 - Absolutely tonked
DEN 14 @ BUF 40 - Absolutely tonked
KC 7 @ DEN 3 - AFC West!!
They had a good win against the Steelers in the play-offs, but then got smashed again by the Patriots.

I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but they finished up 8-8 and, had this not been good enough to get them into the play-offs, would it be considered a succesful season?

I watched a lot of Tebow at Florida in College and he was good, but that was in very much a college style offence and not many QBs are good enough to translate that into a top NFL career.

For the record I agree with Manning not being necessarily a long term option, but Elway won his Superbowls at 37 and 38, Manning is just coming up to his 36th birthday. I'm pretty sure they'd be happy with him if he wins just one. It does seem like a big risk though.

The Broncos finished with 8-8 season, Tebow finished with an 8-4 season!

I just think it would have been less of a risk, especially with the positive atmosphere that would have surrounded the club. Tebow might not have been able to step up, but then again he just might.

As you say though Manning still has a couple of years in him yet, and if he can get firing then he is good enough to carry a team to the Superbowl.

Being a Redskins fan i just hope that they at least look like they might reach the play offs. The last couple of seasons have been dreadful

The Broncos finished with 8-8 season, Tebow finished with an 8-4 season!

I just think it would have been less of a risk, especially with the positive atmosphere that would have surrounded the club. Tebow might not have been able to step up, but then again he just might.

As you say though Manning still has a couple of years in him yet, and if he can get firing then he is good enough to carry a team to the Superbowl.

Being a Redskins fan i just hope that they at least look like they might reach the play offs. The last couple of seasons have been dreadful

Did you see the trade the Redskins have made to jump up to the number 2 pick in the draft? Assuming the Colts pick Andrew Luck they'll pick Heisman winner Robert Griffin III with that pick. He's good but they have given up an awful lot to get him. Pierre Garcon will be a decent enough signing for you.

Just seen that Tebow has gone to the Jets for a fourth round pick!!

And also that Sean Payton has been suspended for the 2012 season without pay!!

I am a Broncos fan and I am completely in two minds over this one.

On the one hand I totally support this move. We made it to the post-season with absolutely no passing game. If we can add a good passing game to an already very very good running game then that should add up to an evern better season.

On the other hand - this is an unbelievably short-term decision. I am not as yet a massive fan of Tebow. I can see the obvious gaping flaws he still has in his game. However, his potential is obvious for everyone to see and at times he has shown glimpses of being able to develop a good throwing arm. Tebow could and should be groomed for a long career with the Broncos. At best we are going to get 2-3 seasons out of Manning. Certainly a top quality Manning.

I would love to see us keep both QB's but I don't expect Tebow to be happy at going back to second choice and nor should he. Hoping for short term success. We scraped out of a very weak division last season without even having a winning record so I'm sure Manning will help improve that because we need to,

Last edited:
I would love to see us keep both QB's but I don't expect Tebow to be happy at going back to second choice and nor should he. Hoping for short term success.,

Thing is though London, he's going to be exactly that in New York. The Jets just gave a huge extension to Sanchez's contract so aren't likely to ditch him. Surely he'll be used as some sort of wildcat/special play guy in NY rather than an actual QB.

Maybe. I hated all the Tebowing shit that went with him but I wish him all the best. If he does play backup I'll be surprised that no club offered him a starting position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669