phil parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

according to the sunday mirror the colchester manager is the man the leicester board would like in charge.

i have never heard of him,unless he is the 1 off the television. :shock: :?

slyfox said:
according to the sunday mirror the colchester manager is the man the leicester board would like in charge.

i have never heard of him,unless he is the 1 off the television. :shock: :?

He would suit our financial position. He's on low wages and operates on a budget of next to nothing. But he's hardly a household name - someone who could really capture the imagination of the players and fans. Then again I suppose that went for MON, MA etc. Colchester are currently 6th in Div 1 and a friend who works with me really rates him as a motivator, I believe he played at Reading and Bury but not too much more to go on :? .

I'm not too sure about it but it will be up to the board at the end of the day. I think I just prefer Michael Parkinson. :lol:

We have to realise that most of these names being mentioned are just to fill newspaper columns. We have been linked with a new favourite every day.

Gary McAllister
Mike Newell
Steve Cotterill
Stuart Pearce
Phil Parkinson

All these people have been touted as the favourite. IMO I dont think the board will even have a definitive shortlist as yet. I would also imagine that there will be several more names linked before we have an announcement.

Keep the Faith said:
We have to realise that most of these names being mentioned are just to fill newspaper columns. We have been linked with a new favourite every day.

Gary McAllister
Mike Newell
Steve Cotterill
Stuart Pearce
Phil Parkinson

All these people have been touted as the favourite. IMO I dont think the board will even have a definitive shortlist as yet. I would also imagine that there will be several more names linked before we have an announcement.

We spoke to the club late last week & can confirm a shortlist has not been produced as yet

With respect to Phil Parkinson we should not under estimate the stature of our club.There should be a fair number of high profile managers ready and waiting to take on,what is an excellent football club that as a long and proud history.
Whoever gets it i hope the fans get behind him, and give him a chance.Even if its the 2h,s.
Up the foxes. :p

Afriend of mine was at the Blackpool v Colchester (Parkinsons team) and he said they played all their football on the deck, which sounds promising if we do go for him

It is pure speculation whilst there is every possiblity that Parkinson may well be discussed IMO there is no way that any manger will have or even be remotely close to being approached yet.

I think it will be this week that a shortlist will be drawn out and I think that whoevers name is bandied about in the next 7-10 days is most likely to be in the frame. At the minute this is pure media and supporter speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669