phishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

The last 3 times I've logged into this site I've had a warning saying this might be a phishing site and a form to fill in for microsoft giving my opinion on whether it is or not.

They obviously don't believe me since they kept repeating it.

In typical fashion it hasn't done it again since I reported it here.

In typical fashion it hasn't done it again since I reported it here.

Just got it again:

talkingballsphishingub3.jpg

Just got it again:

talkingballsphishingub3.jpg

Do you have to log in every time you visit TB? I ask because it is the request for your user name and password that is provoking the 'possible phishing site' warning.

If so, you must have your security settings screwed down so hard that you are not allowing TB to put a cookie on your machine which would sign you in automatically. I suspect that most people do allow the storing of this cookie and log-in automatically on opening the site, thus removing the possibility of seeing the message that is irritating you.

You can turn the Phishing Filter off in Tools/Phishing Filter, but I would certainly not recommend doing that. It does seem though that your Internet Security Settings may be higher than they really need to be.

HTH

I usually log out when I've finished as my teenagers have been known to go onto sites and post in my name if I don't :icon_roll

PM me your full name, address, date of birth and full bank details and I'll sort it out

Thanks for the offer but I'm very fussy about to whom I give those details. For example I was quite happy to give them to some poor orphan to help him get $4 million dollars out of his home country when it got stuck there when his father was killed, but I wouldn't want to put you to any trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670