Pieterson change of hand- Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, and how many of your f**kers jump ship and come to play for us whenever they get the chance.

Panesar, Hussein and Ramprakash hardly have the look of the "Traditional English Gentleman" about them.

That's not my point; those you mentioned were born here. I personally don't see why a South African, who wasn't born here should be allowed to play for England. India have strict rules on not allowing foreigners to play for their country. E.G. If I was a professional cricketer and among the best rising star in the world, touted as the next Sachin Tendulkar, India would still decline me, as I am by right English.

I don't hate England, we are the richest and best place to live in the World IMO. I just think there is no tradition nor respect for Nations by opting to play for countries you weren't born in, even if I was Zambian, I'd still have the same values.

It may seem I am totally contridicting myself with these, "weren't born there," values. But I do respect India for sticking to them. I am a follower not a sports star, so I should have the right to choose my country whom I support due to my entire family on both sides coming from that country my decision is not for money reasons, the greed nor for success of the country.

I was talking about Ramprakash and Panesar.

If you'd spelt Hussain correctly I would have realised you were talking about Nasser :icon_wink
**** :icon_bigg

. I just think there is no tradition nor respect for Nations by opting to play for countries you weren't born in,.

Yet you opt to support a country that you weren't actually born in - where is the tradition or respect for your own Nation ?

Nice to see consistency supporting your opinions

I apologise, did not know the people you mentioned weren't born here; that has pissed me off even more.
Only Nasser wasn't, the others are all English gents.

Anyway, as the superior nation we have the right to pull in from any country we own, or have previously owned.

Deal with it :icon_bigg

Yet you opt to support a country that you weren't actually born in - where is the tradition or respect for your own Nation ?

Nice to see consistency supporting your opinions

He is as bad as those plastic paddy's that come out every St Patricks day and go on about their Irish routes, even though they have never been to the country!

Out of interest Jessel why do you support Leicester? Surely you should support the local India football team from where your family comes from? :102:

He is as bad as those plastic paddy's that come out every St Patricks day and go on about their Irish routes, even though they have never been to the country!

Out of interest Jessel why do you support Leicester? Surely you should support the local India football team from where your family comes from? :102@QUOTE]

Yep I've never been to India 4 times in my life :icon_roll I have stated above why I support India. I'm not a India wannabe hater of England. I can't be bothered to explain why I respect India a lot more, I've said it 1000x already. I don't hate England nor English people, I just don't like these foreigners playing for England they are made out to be super stars and every sports team is over-hyped by fickle fans and most journalists.

Long story... first match I ever went to blah blah blah. Anyway, feels like home when i'm at Leicester; Its the closest thing to India :icon_bigg.

Jessel, for all the shit I give you I do 100% understand why you support India, and you are quite rightly proud of your heritage. On the flip side I also understand why you support Leicester.

But you do come across as having a problem with English people, that's my only gripe.

Jessel, for all the shit I give you I do 100% understand why you support India, and you are quite rightly proud of your heritage. On the flip side I also understand why you support Leicester.

But you do come across as having a problem with English people, that's my only gripe.

Well I don't and never have had a problem with the English peope. I'm not going to play the my friends are white card trying to justify myself etc. I stand firm with my values on English Sport's stars how they are over-paid and over-hyped. I keep re-iterating this, and it probably does come across more as hatred and racism. So I will stop coming across like that, if thats what everyone thinks.

Well I don't and never have had a problem with the English peope. I'm not going to play the my friends are white card trying to justify myself etc. I stand firm with my values on English Sport's stars how they are over-paid and over-hyped. I keep re-iterating this, and it probably does come across more as hatred and racism. So I will stop coming across like that, if thats what everyone thinks.
Thing is, we agree with you.

Think it was Holding who said something along the lines of it's like cheating, something like that. The papers and sky sports news are asking questions about it to.
Do they say why they think it's cheating?

Per Sky Sports site:

The MCC have given the all clear to Kevin Pietersen's 'switch-hit' variation of the reverse sweep shot by saying it conforms to all the game's laws.

Pietersen launched two memorable switch hits into the stands for six during his amazing century against New Zealand on Sunday.

The ICC had asked the MCC, who are known as the guardian of the laws of cricket, to look into Pietersen's shot as he totally transforms into a left-hander for the shots - changing his grip and his stance.

The Black Caps themselves have back Pietersen's shot and many believe it is just another exciting factor to help cricket's popularity amongst the public.

Although the switching of the batsman's stance does affect other laws, the MCC meeting at Lord's has concluded that the switch-hit shot is totally lawful.

Positive

A statements released by the MCC went even further and welcomed the shot as a positive addition to the game.

"MCC believes that the 'switch-hit' stroke is innovative and exciting for the game of cricket," read the MCC statement.

"Indeed, the stroke conforms to the Laws of Cricket and will not be legislated against.

"While noting the superb execution of the stroke by Kevin Pietersen for England during the recent One-Day International against New Zealand, MCC had already acknowledged its existence in the 2000 Laws of Cricket - Law 36.3 - relating to the stance of a batsman.

"Law 36.3 defines the off side of the striker's wicket as being determined by the striker's stance at the moment the bowler starts his run-up."

The statement added that officials at Lord's believe that the degree of difficulty in the shot means that the 'switch-hit' also offers an opportunity for bowlers.

"MCC believes that the 'switch-hit' stroke is a difficult shot to execute and that it incurs a great deal of risk for the batsman.

"It also offers bowlers a good chance of taking a wicket and therefore MCC believes that the shot is fair to both batsman and bowler."

Stance

"Furthermore, MCC acknowledges that while bowlers must inform umpires and batsmen of their mode of delivery (Law 24), they do not provide a warning of the type of delivery that they will send down (for example, an off-cutter or a slower ball).

"It therefore concludes that the batsman should have the opportunity - should they wish - of executing the 'switch-hit' stroke."

Certain laws such as lbw and wides, increasingly important in one-dayers, are affected by a batsman changing his stance, and these will both be further investigated.

"MCC accepts that the use of a 'switch-hit' may have implications for other Laws of the game, principally Law 25 (Wide ball) and Law 36 (LBW), and will continue to research and discuss these implications.

"These areas have been referred to and will be researched and discussed by MCC's Laws Sub-Committee, which will next meet, at Lord's, on Tuesday 12 August."

Do they say why they think it's cheating?

They say it's because he changes his grip, and his stance - so it would affect the interpretation of LBW decisions and wides etc.

It's all a load of old bollocks spouted by ninety year old Lords Members and Old Etonians and the like

Tossers, the lot of 'em

Edited to say : Wot Jessel said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573