Plane Crash - New York (River Hudson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the birds were not ducks but geese then they could not have been part of Al-queda(sic) and the documents found are therefore not relevant. :icon_roll

Geez Steven don't you know anything?????

Think about it, if you were a terrorist duck and you wanted to bring a plane down then what would you do when everybody is searching the skies for kamikaze ducks?

You'd dress as a goose. Everyone knows that.

:icon_wink

Over the years lots of people went down on Hudson, not many survived.

The pilot is a hero.

The pilot is a hero.
For landing the plane safely, I'd say he was just doing his job, which of course he was exceptionally good at and as such should receive only the highest accolades and honours. But "hero"? Not in my book.

Getting the passengers off safely whilst putting his own life after theirs does qualify for that tag, which according to most stories is exactly what he did.

For landing the plane safely, I'd say he was just doing his job, which of course he was exceptionally good at and as such should receive only the highest accolades and honours. But "hero"? Not in my book.

Getting the passengers off safely whilst putting his own life after theirs does qualify for that tag, which according to most stories is exactly what he did.

Agreed. The other pilot and the cabin crew must also have done a good job to avoid panic. The boat crews were also magnificant by all accounts.

Hero as in if he was English he'd be more deserving of honours than most.

Hero as in if he was English he'd be more deserving of honours than most.

He did it to save his own neck as well. If he had ****ed up everybody would have gone including him. If I was in his shoes I would have been more bothered about saving myself, I would not have given a second thought that there was all those others behind me.

Anyway that's what he is paid to do.

He did it to save his own neck as well. If he had ****ed up everybody would have gone including him. If I was in his shoes I would have been more bothered about saving myself, I would not have given a second thought that there was all those others behind me.

Anyway that's what he is paid to do.

I'm not disagreeing but Ian Holloway was paid to get us promoted....

mad-fer-it.jpg

from yesterday's telegraph

matt17012009_1240930a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48