play off dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

Does anybody know when the semi finals are schedule for, thanks.

Does anybody know when the semi finals are schedule for, thanks.

Tempting fate to plan for the play-offs. Make sure you arrange to be on holiday or going to the in-laws.

lol, i know the final is the sat 22nd same as the champions league final, wasnt sure aout the semi finals.

Last edited:
lol, i know the final is the sat 22nd same as the champions league final, wasnt sure aout the semi finals.

I would think the games will be played 8th/9th May then 11th/12th May.

That would be logical but, in the past, Sky have scheduled the fixtures for Thursday, Sunday, Monday, Friday... basically, whenever. They usually have a play-off semi from each of the three leagues over consecutive days.

Last edited:
Why worry about the play off dates, when automatic is still achieveable:icon_wink

Think it could be the 2 weekends, we finish up on may 2nd sunday, it says on this website its gonna be split over 2 weekends http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20090320/key-dates-revealed_2248204_1597357,6th paragraph down. So i take it that mean the sat 8th and sat 15th? because of the growing number of international players, and it being a world cup year. id prefer that than 1 weekend a 1 midweek game personally tho, 2 huge piss ups :)

I think you'll find that they are referring to the finals being split over two weekends. If I remember correctly, at least one of the legs is played midweek.

I think you'll find that they are referring to the finals being split over two weekends. If I remember correctly, at least one of the legs is played midweek.

ahh your right

Anyone who cares, look at this. There are two clear weekends between the last day of the season and the final, right? What sense would it make to have a midweek semi?

Anyone who cares, look at this. There are two clear weekends between the last day of the season and the final, right? What sense would it make to have a midweek semi?

Do you think it's sensible to allow less than a week to sell 40,000 tickets plus transport etc?

Do you think they would change what they normally do?

For example last year Burnley played their first semi-final on the Saturday after the season finished, then the second leg three days later on the Tuesday. Then they had a free weekend, with the final being 13 days after the second semi.

Do you think it's sensible to allow less than a week to sell 40,000 tickets plus transport etc?

No. Far more sensible to have fans taking days off work and travelling up and down the country on a Tuesday night to buy an extra couple of days to get it sorted.

Do you think they would change what they normally do?

Possible? Yes. Realistic? No.

No. Far more sensible to have fans taking days off work and travelling up and down the country on a Tuesday night to buy an extra couple of days to get it sorted.

It wouldn't buy an extra couple of days. It would buy an extra five days.

And how many fans do you think would have to take time off work to queue for tickets?
Wouldn't it be more sensible to sell tickets over the weekend?

Play-off semi finals and cup replays have always taken place midweek. They're not going to change it just because you don't like travelling to midweek matches.

The Championship play-off final on the same day as the Champions League final? What a load of shite.

It wouldn't buy an extra couple of days. It would buy an extra five days.

Four. Unless it's a Wednesday game, in which case it's three. I can see why even that would be useful though. Fair point.

Play-off semi finals and cup replays have always taken place midweek.

I'm aware of this, but that doesn't preclude future change. Granted, it doesn't sound likely in the immediate future but one day football will be forced to rethink its calendar.

They're not going to change it just because you don't like travelling to midweek matches.

I love travelling to midweek games :icon_cool it gives me a good reason to take a day or two off work.

By the way, great little hotel room I had last night :icon_bigg only 25 quid as well. The other bed went to waste somewhat but the coffee did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669