Gallagher 8
Yakubu 5
Howard 5
King 5
Dyer 4
Abe 3
Mee 2

Then several players on 1.

These are very interesting statistics. Yakubu has clearly been more effective than he sometimes appears. Howard's figures are even more impressive considering he has had so few starts.

The problem with King, Wellens, Gallagher and latterly Naughton is that none of them have been consistently good. They're all good players but haven't been stand out for me.

If King had maintained the form of October to February, he'd have walked it. But he hasn't.

For me the obvious contenders are Bamba who has been excellent since arriving and Yakubu. However the leakiness of the defence has included some sloppy lapses from Bamba. Yakubu has scored 9 in 18 with 5 assists - that is outstanding. He's also a class act and has given us an extra dimension I've not seen from us for years. For these reasons he gets my vote.

Last edited:
These are very interesting statistics. Yakubu has clearly been more effective than he sometimes appears. Howard's figures are even more impressive considering he has had so few starts.

Yakubu's assist vs Sheffield United was in probably the best assist of the season, had forgotten all about it, but the overhead flick while down sitting on his arse was utter genius.

1:17 on here

[YOUTUBE]ht9kKJh6T5g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

And yet people say he doesn't contribute enough for the team, 4 league goals, 5 assists & like you say he has had so few games.

Last edited:
Yakubu's assist vs Sheffield United was in probably the best assist of the season, had forgotten all about it, but the overhead flick while down sitting on his arse was utter genius.

1:17 on here

[YOUTUBE]ht9kKJh6T5g[/YOUTUBE]

I've said it before but I really can't remember a season where we've scored so many brilliant goals.

I've said it before but I really can't remember a season where we've scored so many brilliant goals.

I haven't said it before but I'll say it now - I really can't remember a season where... etc, and so forth.

Lovely stuff. All in all, quite a fun season really. Soussa... Sven... Yakuba... Thais... relegation... promotion... mid table obscurity... something for everyone.

I haven't said it before but I'll say it now - I really can't remember a season where... etc, and so forth.

Lovely stuff. All in all, quite a fun season really. Soussa... Sven... Yakuba... Thais... relegation... promotion... mid table obscurity... something for everyone.

It's always nice to see 25/30 yarders but it's easy to miss the build up play. King's vs Derby had some FANTASTIC movement and passes, as did Van Aarnholt's vs Burnley. Brilliant football. Shame we've a coulinder defence, really.

Where did the relegation and promotion enter the equation this season? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00