Player Ratings v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Why has nobody started this thread? because we lost?, or because it was difficult to rate anyone?
Heres mine:-

Douglas 6.5:- I dont think I'll ever like him, but i have to say he kicked it better and he came off his line well on a couple of occassions to block goalscoring opportunities.

Maybury 6 :- defended ok, tried to get forward but when he did he didnt create anything.

McCarthy 6 :- Sonsors gave Akinbyi MOTM but I thought Paddy had control of him for the vast majority of the match.

Gerrbrand 6 :- solid again alongside Paddy, they look by far the best part of the team.

Johannsen 5 :- got skinned for pace especially in the first half, distribution was bad, rubbish going forward... taxi for Nils

Sylla 5 :- tended to run across the pitch instead of down the line, he had a poor game.

Kisnarbro 5 :- he got a lot of the ball and just passed it as quick as he could to the nearest person, sometimes Burnley players

Gudjohnnsen 8 :- our best player by a mile, the only one who looked to have quality, constantly probing but had no mobility in front of him

Smith 6 :- showed glimpses of his talent but they defended well against him, also looked better with Danny behind him

MDV 5 :- Woeful partnership with Dion, should never play them up front together again

Dublin 5 :- as MDV no real movement

Hammond 5:- at least he worked their defenders, had a good opportunity to head the equiliser, looked ok wide right

Hughes 5 :- didnt do much, difficult to even assess his fitness level

Tiatto 6 :- got on the ball and prompted forward movement, i would play him next game

Overall a dissappointing performance, which i expected when i saw the line-up.No pace or movement up front. Burnley have gone from bottom to play-off position in 2 months, which is my only peice of encouragement. Theve beat us twice but are not better than us IMO

Didn't get the chance to go this week but by all reports your rating seems be about right, except possibly for the two strikers. Totally static and struggled to get onto anything that came their way. After hearing the team selection I had very little faith in us scoring.

Douglas 7:- Didn't really do anything wrong.

Maybury 6 :- Just not the same Maybury as last season. Doesn't seem to want to pass to Sylla (can't blame him!), and so always looks for the ball striaght up to the front to.

McCarthy 7 :- Good defending again. One header in the first half to take it off the strikers head. Wanted the ball as well. Young Walshy?

Gerrbrand 6 :- Solid, but a few moments of madness. I think our central defend is looking good. Both young, quick, and get stuck in. Its about the only part of the team which is looking good at the moment.

Johannsen 5 :- Offered nothing going forward, and was given a rough ride by there right winger. Not a good day.

Sylla 4.5 :- Rubbish. Why of why does he feel he has to beat his man five times before he puts a ball in the box! He offen holds on to the ball too long, tries to do fancy flicks in areas where he would be better just playing simple. And for a winger really doesn't get many crosses in! The guys got skill, but is missing his brain.

Kisnarbro 6 :- I know he's not every ones fav player. But i think he's someone you need in this division. i.e. a tackler and a kicker. He's only every going to play it simple. But as long as he keeps winning the ball i think thats fine.

Gudjohnnsen 8 :- Looked up for it from the off. But lacked a bit of class when he needed it most - when he got in to good positions but choose the wrong option, or just screwed up.

Smith 6 :- poor first half. But saw a lot more of the ball in the second. particalurly when Tiatto same on. Great skill on the ball.

MDV 5 :- Looked a bit out of sorts, but the service wasn't good

Dublin 4 :- not a striker. too slowly, and didn't really win many headers.

Hammond 5:- Never going to score again! The header he missed in the second half that he put over the bar from 6 yards shows he's never going to be good enough. Not a goal scorer, but causes problems because of his pace.

Hughes 5 :- Looked for the ball, but didn't do a great deal.

Tiatto 6 :- We looks a lot better down the left when he came on. One thing you've got to say about him is that he always gets involved, and always wants the ball.

Not a great performance, although we had all of the second half. Made half chances, but didn't take them. Chances of getting Connelly back on loan?!
Dublins not a striker. MVD didn't really get much service. and did take the chances he did get.

Our central defence looks up to the task, but we really need to get a goal score or were in trouble.

BTW anyone watch the Championship in Sunday?! Basically 5 minutes on Adi. Showed all his shots on goal, and made it look as they had the whole game! Talk about unfair representation! :(

Douglas 7:- not really much to do

Maybury 5 :- showed he can still get forward if Sylla isn't playing

McCarthy 7 :- seems to have cut out the stupid rash tackles

Gerrbrand 6 :- not as impressive as I'd hoped

Johannsen 5 :- poor game, second rate defender

Sylla 2 :- go back to Scotland you are shite

Kisnarbro 2 :- see Sylla

Gudjohnnsen 6 :- usual performance i.e. tried things he isn't capable of

Smith 6 :- bit of skill/talent but rarely any end product

MDV 4 :- moaning lump

Dublin 5 :- go back to defence - your days as a striker are long gone

Hammond 4:- belongs at least one division below this one

Hughes 5 :- was he fit? was very happy at half time for some reason

Tiatto 6 :- at least tried to be positive and avoided killing anyone

Ox Fox said:
Tiatto 6 :- at least tried to be positive and avoided killing anyone

... even though there were two vicous foul-tackles committed on him (one of which the ref ignored because we had the advantage). I presume that this must have been on account of some 'left-overs' from a previous match because he had not been on the park long and had not had time to upset anybody.

Douglas 6 - Didnt do too much wrong.

Maybury 6 - Mixed bag really, summed up his season in 90 minutes - inconsistent.

McCarthy 7 - Another decent game, has become a player who thrives on responsibility.

Gerrbrand 6 - Not as good as in recent weeks but still did ok.

Johansson 4 - Shocking, this performance has been on the cards for a while, his lack of pace was exposed big time.

Sylla 3 - Absolute disgrace, if he is picked against Watford then i am afraid the writing will be on the wall for Levein, especially if he is prepared to accept that level of perfromance, passion and effort.

Kisnorbo 5 - Below average performance from a player who IMO brings very little to the team, looked very good away at Watford but since then has gradually got worse. Offers very little.

Gudjonsson 7 - Worked very hard and tried to make things happen, not the most talented of players and therefore oftens fecks it up but I wish some of our more "talented" individuals showed as much passion and determination as Joey.

Smith 6 - Wasnt in the game enough for my liking, exciting when he did get an opportunity to run at the defenders but didnt get enough quality service or support.

De Vries 4 - Indefensible, I couldnt give a feck if he is our top scorer or not he was fecking useless, very disappointing and didnt put himself about and was 2nd to almost every ball.

Dublin 4 - Crap as well, why is it every time he touches the ball the shouts of "Dion Dion " ring out, the fecker doesnt even have to try. Very poor.

Subs

Hammond 5 - Injected some pace and enthusiasm into the team, but I am afraid this guy couldnt find his arse with both hands let alone the back of the net. About as potent as MK after his op !

Tiatto 6 - Lot better option on left than Johansson, supported Smith and injected some much needed enthusiasm.

Hughes 4 - Didnt even notice him, did very little.

Levein 0 - Tactics and team selection an absolute joke, if that is what 2 weeks of hard work on the training ground delivers then you may as well go and get a job at the Ricoh Arena !

Douglas 7
Maybury 7
McCarthy 7
Gerrbrand 7
Johannsen 6
Sylla 4
Kisnarbro 6
Gudjohnnsen 8
Smith 7
MDV 5
Dublin 6

Hammond 5