Player Ratings vs Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker - 7/10 - probably should have done better with the goal but was probably distracted by flapping defenders, other than that I have no complaints. Seemed very eager to get everyone up and attacking, on occasions he'd dribble the ball out of his area and pass it up field like a fullback :shock: He did try to link up with the Stewart and Canero but often got the ball passed straight back to him, on one occasion he collected the ball from a cross and bowled it out straight away to get the attack going quickly but that was wasted by the outfield players. Can't blame him for hoof tactics if that's what he's told to do...

Canero - 6/10 - didn't do anything wrong as such, got a few good crosses in but I'm still not sure what his best position is, seems pacy and willing to go forward but doesn't seem to link up too well with Scowy or Gillespie (for different reasons), his defensive play seems ok.

Heath - 4/10 - in the first half I thought he did well, he won most of his headers (strange for Heath) and seemed calmer than usual thus more able to deal with onrunning players... but in the second half the best part of his game was when he came up for freekicks and corners and headed one over and just missed out on another one (no-one else seemed to be able to buy a header in the box). His passing was wayward and often went straight out, instead of collecting a ball and passing it to safety with attacking players running on he'd wait for Walker to come out and kick it even if a striker was inches away.

Dabizas - 3/10 - he wrestled with every player near him to give away freekicks, he consistantly passed to the opposition or watched as ball ran past him. I never even saw him jump for a header.

Stewart - 6/10 - I know I'm in the minority but I thought he had a his best game (that I've seen him play in) this season, especially in the first half. He shielded the ball well to avoid corners, his defensive headers saved us a couple of times. When going forward he still doesn't seem confident enough to try and beat a player but still ran and got himself into good positions, remember that weaving run through midfield and blocked shot? I'll admit he got worse as the game went on but no worse than the rest of our players and he got a lot more stick than most of them. As for him 'hogging' freekicks etc at least he'd take responsibility rather than the others who seemed more than happy to step aside... like any eager-to-please young player he was a bit selfish because he wanted to be the one that won the game for us.

Scowcroft - 6/10 - he played in about four positions and I can't help feel sorry for him. He won most of his headers, tried, and like most seemed to get frustrated. I wish he wouldn't get moved around so much because how Micky expects a good performances out of a player when he constantly has to change roles I'll never know.

Nalis - 5/10 - was okay in the first half and won a lot of headers but became anonymous in the second half and I honestly forgot he was playing.

Gudjonsson - 4/10 - easily bundled off the ball again and still seemed off the pace of the game.

Tiatto - 8/10 - MOTM easily, ran himself into the ground again and never stopped trying, we don't deserve him.

Connolly - 5/10 - was frustrated and frustrating. I sort-of feel sorry for him as he got little support no matter who he was playing with, but I'm also losing my patience with him a bit as well, he made a few silly fouls and didn't always run for the ball, no shot on target again.

Dublin - 2/10 - poor, poor, very poor. I'm not sure if the red card has killed his confidence/pre-season form of if he's always been poor. He hardly jumped for balls, fell over all the time and missed two easy chances... it was like watching Benji with less enthusiasm. Can understand why he was moved to defence as he was doing nothing up front.

Subs:

Gillespie - 3/10 - occasionally did things well then just as quickly made a mistake.. put in a couple of good crosses but that throw-in was a mockery.

Wilcox - 2/10 - put in about two crosses in, otherwise.... why? Not a patch on Guppy.

Blake - 3/10 - did a lot of running but on the rare occasion he got the ball he gave it away, the best thing he did was trying to put the Brighton keeper off.

Leigh said:
Blake - 3/10 - did a lot of running but on the rare occasion he got the ball he gave it away, the best thing he did was trying to put the Brighton keeper off.

Blake hovering around the keeper actually p*ssed me off...forced the keeper to pick the ball up and hold on to it, rather than just boot it out and keep the game moving....especially as we were chasing the game by that point. What was he thinking that would achieve? :roll:

Compton Fox said:
Leigh said:

Blake hovering around the keeper actually p*ssed me off...forced the keeper to pick the ball up and hold on to it, rather than just boot it out and keep the game moving....especially as we were chasing the game by that point. What was he thinking that would achieve? :roll:

Agreed.

The results for this week's very interesting ratings poll will be announced in just over an hour's time, so if you went to the game and haven't rated the players yet, you have not got long to make your vote count!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566