Nalis 3
Gudjonsson 4
Connolly 4
Scowcroft 3

Subs:
Benjamin 3
Gemmill 3

Taylor - 5
At fault for the goal, and throughout the match didn't seem to communicate with the defence. Made a couple of decent saves, and for once his kicking was OK.

Makin - 5
An improvement over recent weeks, but still doesn't contribute enough when we have the ball.

Dublin - 5
I think I'd rather have Matt Heath in the team. But at least towards the end when he was playing as a striker he put himself about.

Keown - 4 Doesn't show the leadership qualities we'd expect from him, and his lack of pace causes problems.

Stewart - 7
In my opinion he was head and shoulders above our other players (no doubt someone will say he was our worst player though!). Made one or two defensive errors (but no more than our other defenders), and several times saved us when he had to cover for the lack of pace in our defence.
Going forward he was our best crosser (two great crosses near the end deserved better resuts), and he was always trying to make things happen. Doesn't always come off, but at least he seems to want to win, unlike some of the others.

Gillespie - 6
Looks good on the ball, and much more motivated than under MA, but he still needs to towk on the end result. One very poor backpass nearly led to a goal.

Nalis - 5
Passing not good enough for someone who is supposed to be a cultured playmaker, still seems to struggle with the pace of games.

Gudjonnson - 5
Didn't contribute enough, but what he did do was usually OK (apart from some awful passes).

Morris - 5
Started well, but only lasted half an hour before he looked like he'd had enough.

Connolly - 6
If only he was as good inside the penalty area as he is outside it. Worked hard, but had little support, and not enough service when he did get into good positions.

Scowcroft - 3
Crap, yet again. We should have sold him to Norwich when we had the chance.

Subs

Benjamin 5
He tries his best, but he's just not good enough. It's all very well the crown chanting his name, but he's not the answer. Still better than Scowcroft though.

Gemmill - 4
Too slow, seems to want ages on the ball. I'd rather have seen Williams.

Levein - 5
Not his players, so to some extent he's free from blame at the moment, but he does make odd decisions at times.
For example the other day he said we didn't have enough left sided players. Then he brought the left footed Benjamin on and played him on the right wing, and moved Gillespie to the left. Should have taken Scowcroft off too.

Taylor 4 thought he was fouled for their goal
Makin 2 whats the point in him?
Stewart 8 thought he was our only attcking player, set up all our best chances and was good in defnse, had clearly worked on fitness. Linked up well with gillesspie aswell/
Dublin 6
Keown 2 Looked like he had a hangover
Gillespie 6 looked dangerous and was good going forward
Morris 3 ineffective
Nalis 3 ineffective
Gudjonsson 5 had a good shot and played the ball around a bit
Connolly 7 looked eager for goals and tried hard!
Scowcroft 3 just plodded about!

Subs:
Benjamin 3 Played out of position, possiably in spite?
Gemmill 2 did anyone see him touch the ball?

Taylor 6
Makin 5
Stewart 7
Dublin 4
Keown 5
Gillespie 6
Morris 4
Nalis 4
Gudjonsson 6
Connolly 5
Scowcroft 4

Subs:
Benjamin 6
Gemmill 5

Today dublin was awful, imo heath and keown is the best C/B partnership, dublin spends more time shouting at other people than actually defending himself. Scowcroft was also inconspicuous today and should be dropped, CL should be on the phone tonight and get him sold to Norwich hopefully for 250k, this way we may be able to get some new blood in. Although benji did little in terms of good play his presence and desire lifted the whole team, once he came on everyones tempo changed, he should start the next game over scowcroft. Also gillespie is not being played as effectively as he should be, as soon as the ball arrives in midfield he should be making a run to the by-line with a quick ball to run onto. This would stop him making these useless runs into midfield, he should be encouraged to stay on the wing at all times. All in all a bad day. :cry:

i wasnt at the game so cant give a list of ratings but what i will say is that from the sounds of it on the commentary the central midfield was just not at the races and was second to the ball again and again - people talk about the fact we lost 3 very good strikers over the summer, lets not forget we also lost 3 good central midfielders - muzzy who was absolute class, davidson who IMO was improving all the time as a defensive midfielder and i was disappointed we lost him thanks to poor man management, and billy mckinlay who while getting on a bit gave 2 seasons of highly committed, professional performances and i think could still have done a job in this division. Nalis is good and williams has promise but they dont come close to muzzy while IMO gudjonnson can barely even be regarded as a defensive midfielder and gemmil just aint as good as the ones we lost

webmaster said:
Taylor - 5
Keown - 4 Doesn't show the leadership qualities we'd expect from him, and his lack of pace causes problems.

I think this is caused by dublin always shouting off and not actually doing anything productive himself. Im sure with all his experience keown does not need a converted striker giving him advice on how to defend, this is why IMO heath and keown would be better, heath would take advice from keown more effectively and maybe form a partnership. Currently there just seems to be 2 separate players not really communicating.

Taylor-6 fouled for the goal IMO, a couple of top class saves, kickin was betta
Makin-6 ok, tried hard in defence and attack
Stewart-8 MOTM, coverd areas well, defended well, attacked well, showboated a few times, and was the only one that looked really annoyed thta we had lost.
Keown-5 not what we normally see from him
Dublin-5 apart from his heading was poor
Gillespie-7 Lively, always looking to attack, one of the only few positives
Morris-6 a few bright sparks, linked up with connolly well, the rest was like " where were you"
Nalis-6 drifted in and out of the game again
Joey-6 wasn't rubbish, but wasn't great
Connolly-7 Worked hard, as always just need to get sharper in the box
Scowcroft-5 Poor

Taylor - 5 would have been 6 but for the goal, made a few decent saves from Junior
Makin - 3 hopeless crosses, passes, not the type to support Gillespie
Dublin - 5 would have been 4 but cleared off the line, a few good headers towards the end as a striker
Keown - 4 outmuscled, outpaced, outwrestled, gave away free kicks, not good enough
Stewart - 6 one of the better players who saw a lot of the ball, but couldnt pick the right cross
Gillespie - 6 at least he tried, but still too reluctant to get to the byline, crosses from deep just not effective enough
Nalis - 5 a below par performance from Lil, still not got over his rough patch yet, been poor for the last few now
Gudjohnson - 5 good effort, always seem to do well in shooting pratice before kick off, but during the match... sigh
Morris - 4 A few runs, but didnt take the ball with him, tailed off very soon
Connolly - 7 MOTM, tried so so hard, but then from 1yard out and still managed to hit the bar, is he really a striker?
Scowcroft - 5 Poor game from Scowie, him as our only route to go forward is just not working

Benjamin - 4 his touches and control were... non-existent
Gemmill - 3 when we need someone to make a difference, Gemmill as the choice sounds like desparate desparation.

Taylor 2 - At fault for the goal and have said before I am far from conviced by him.
Makin 4 - Did OK
Stewart 7 - Citys best player, showed some pride
Dublin 4 - Did OK
Keown 4 - Disappointing
Gillespie 5 - Not his best display but by no means the worst player
Morris 4 - Try him up frony please
Nalis 2 - Terrible today, has been lost for the last 4-5 games, Williams please.
Gudjonsson 5 - At least he tries
Connolly 5 - 100% again
Scowcroft 3 - Time to call it a day

Benjamin - showed us why we used to hate him
Gemmill - 3 What has Williams done wrong?

LCFC Supporters 0 - No atmosphere today and jumping on the teams back after 15 minutes, booing at full time is no good to anyone but at half time is simply unacceptable as is booing Blakes name when its read out. Sure things arent going well and I am of the mind set that if you pay your money then you have a right to experess your opinion. However what does booing (especially at HT) produce, nothing other than more nervous and edgy play then we are already producing, no one wanted the ball today and the supporters have to take some of the blame. It was a crap performance buit no where near the level of dross we saw under Adams.

Taylor 5 - didnt have a lot to do but fooked it up for the goaL.
Makin 5 - OK
Stewart 7 - seemed to get forward well in the second half and defended positively
Dublin 6 - got his head on most hoofs
Keown 4 - pretty shit really
Gillespie 6 - still seems slow but good intent
Morris 3 - woeful
Nalis 3 - worst i have seen of the long haired french man
Gudjonsson 4 - lacked discipline and was crap
Connolly 7 - worked his socks off - if only the players around him would do the same
Scowcroft 5 - same old scowy

Subs:
Benjamin 3 - utter shit, why the crowd wanted him on i'll never know, i bet they are sad now.
Gemmill 5 - did ok, just

overall i truly shiter performance, typical of boxing day bull shit. bring back the days of 4-4 with ormondroyd grabbing us a point against watford.

Webbo, i'm on a pentium 2 old bastard pc with no mouse, its awful. whats with the new phpbb system????

You may have deeped his performance as a bad one, which most people have to be fair :p

But he certainly is not slow. He is the fastest centre half at our club and one of the fastest in this division.

Taylor 6 Mistake for goal but otherwise.....
Makin 5 Gave the ball away too cheaply again
Stewart 7 Not one his better displays but loads of effort
Dublin 5 Struggled against bright Rotherham attack
Keown 5 same as Dublin
Gillespie 7 Some good crosses and work rate is a huge turnaround
Morris 5 Does he have anything other than pace? We will see...
Nalis 5 O.K. Nothing more
Gudjonsson 5 The term 'time and motion' lost on him.
Connolly 7 Again was the only player making intelligent moves, unlucky again
Scowcroft 3 Can't comment, don't really understand what he was does

Subs:
Benjamin 3
Gemmill 5

Taylor 5
Makin 6
Stewart 7
Dublin 6
Keown 3
Gillespie 7
Morris 5
Nalis 3
Gudjonsson 5
Connolly 3
Scowcroft 3

Subs:
Benjamin 3
Gemmill 6

Cobbo said:

You may have deeped his performance as a bad one, which most people have to be fair :p

But he certainly is not slow. He is the fastest centre half at our club and one of the fastest in this division.

So why did Stewart have to chase back to cover for our central defence a couple of times when they were too slow to get back?

webmaster said:
Cobbo said:

So why did Stewart have to chase back to cover for our central defence a couple of times when they were too slow to get back?

Because when someone has a head start on you you can't just catch them up. That will have come about due to an error between him or Dublin in the build up, thus them being able to get in behind.

If he was to race their strikers today (Junior and Butler) starting level and facing the same way, he would have outpaced them.

He has been known as a pacey defender throughout his career, and he may not have that pace nowadays, but he is still a quick centre half at this level.

Cobbo said:
webmaster said:
Cobbo said:

Because when someone has a head start on you you can't just catch them up. That will have come about due to an error between him or Dublin in the build up, thus them being able to get in behind.

If he was to race their strikers today (Junior and Butler) starting level and facing the same way, he would have outpaced them.

He has been known as a pacey defender throughout his career, and he may not have that pace nowadays, but he is still a quick centre half at this level.

Keown was able to match Nathan Ellington for pace when we played Wigan away, although some of that was to do with his excellent positional sense. He is quicker than Dabizas, Elliott, Heath and Dublin.

You're spot on, Cobbo.

Hopefully the Keown thing is a one off - he certainly looked off the pace today (to me), but he has been OK most of the season. I'd certainly have him in the team ahead of Dublin and Dabizas.

Lets get everyone's ratings in before I announce the results tonight. I am announcing them early due to the next game being tomorrow. If you still want to post your ratings after the results have been announced, feel free to do so and they will be counted in the end of season awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669