Williams 10
Gudjohnsson 10
Hughes 10
Hamill 10
De Vries 10

Hammond 10
Kisnorbo 10
Levein 10

(Note to the wanker sat behind me - yes there was 'any point' in them coming out second half you cooont)

I think Levein did well tonight. Recognised the 4-5-1 wasn't working so brought Hammond on who did extremely well and caused problems, and meant Smith could switch back to the left and be more productive.

CL got it tactically spot on tonight, and I hope it can continue. Great performance and result tonight, but one good game doesn't change our league position. CL was right on tonight, but unless we improve overall, it doesnt change my opinion o him

Graz said:
I think Levein did well tonight. Recognised the 4-5-1 wasn't working so brought Hammond on who did extremely well and caused problems, and meant Smith could switch back to the left and be more productive.

CL got it tactically spot on tonight, and I hope it can continue. Great performance and result tonight, but one good game doesn't change our league position. CL was right on tonight, but unless we improve overall, it doesnt change my opinion o him

If we play like that we will be climbing that league, I just hope they dont revert to the dont give a shit attitude that we normally have.

PS we need a song for MDV, his confidence need to be kept up.

step said:
If we play like that we will be climbing that league, I just hope they dont revert to the dont give a shit attitude that we normally have.

PS we need a song for MDV, his confidence need to be kept up.

You have to keep these things simple....

Mark de Vries, Mark de Vries, Maaark de Vries, he gets the ball he scores a goal, Maaark de Vries.

Douglas 6

Maybury 5
Stearman 8
McCarthy 8
Johansson 7

Hughes 8
Williams 8
Gudjonsson 8
Hamill 4
Smith 7

De Vries 10
Hammond 9

Kisborno not worth the time

Levein 8- The tactical change wasnt exactly a masterstroke, it needed to be done and it came off.

De Vries was at Charlton performance mode.

Hazzman said:
Douglas 6

Maybury 5
Stearman 8
McCarthy 8
Johansson 7

Hughes 8
Williams 8
Gudjonsson 8
Hamill 4
Smith 7

De Vries 10
Hammond 9

Kisborno not worth the time

Levein 8- The tactical change wasnt exactly a masterstroke, it needed to be done and it came off.

De Vries was at Charlton performance mode.

There is a lot of harshness in that post.

DurhamFox said:
There is a lot of harshness in that post.

I just thought we lulled at times, a better, less cocky side would have finished us off.

I was very pleased with Stearman, De Vries, McCarthy, Hammond.

Maybury was like a lamb to the slaughter.

And for feck sake, it doesnt take a genius when you are losing to replaced a winger with a striker.

grand result tonight chaps. just need to carry this "form" into the league now starting on saturday against sheff wed!!

never should have started 4-5-1 but at least he corrected it when we went a goal down.i was suprised when hammond came on instead of hume but it seemed to do the trick.

we've defo got to start hughes, williams and joey from now on, they are our best 3 midfielders.

well done lads. bring on burton!

Douglas 8 - Had a good, solid game and made a couple of important saves.

Stearman 8 - Superb, this lad seems to get better every week.

Johansson 8 - Very good game tonight, partnership with Paddy tonight looked assured.

McCarthy 8 - At last we have found a captain, a leader, superb tonight.

Maybury 6 - Struggled against Lennon first half, but 2nd half seemed to get better.

Smith 8 - Had a very good game was a constant threat.

Hughes 8 - Back to his best, fantastic strike.

Gudjonsson 8 - Had a great game in the more defensive role.

Williams 9 - Superb, hardly ever gave away possession and excellent vision, worked really hard, battled and harried. Best game in a City shirt for me.

Hamill 5 - Poor, seemed to struggle, looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

MDV 10 - Was absolutely amazing tonight, thoroughly deserved his goal.

Subs

Hammond 8 - Worked hard and his pace caused Spurs problems all night, and a real strikers goal.

Kisnorbo Not on long enough, but the booing when he came on was disgraceful.

Levein 100 - Brave decision to bring Hammond on after he had got his initial team selection wrong, easiest decision at 1 - 0 down and under immense pressure would have been to settle for damage limitation, the reaction of the manager and players to the speculation and pressure was first class.....one question if we can do against Spurs why cant we do it in the league, same again on saturday please Craig.

I really want you to prove me wrong and turn this club around.

DurhamFox said:

Mark de Vries, Mark de Vries, Maaark de Vries, he gets the ball he scores a goal, Maaark de Vries.

he's big he's dutch he's got a dodgy beard but we lov him but we lov him!

Douglas 10
Stearman 10
McCarthy 10
Johannson 10
Maybury 10
Smith 10
Williams 10
Gudjohnsson 10
Hughes 10
Hamill 10
De Vries 10

Hammond 10
Kisnorbo 10
Levein 10

I think it was Kisnorbos first touch, a pass to Joey who passed to MDV to score.
The whole team deserve 10 out of 10 and no less. Its no good saying we were not in it in the first half, FFS we were playing the team in 4th place in the premiership, and against a team who put a reasonable side out too. We competed well throughout the whole 90mins. Credit to CL for seeing Hammill was struggling and changing the formation early on...

special mention also for captain mccarthy led the back line well including knoicking 2 headers from off the tops of strikers heads after aaron lennon and took everbody out with his crosses

Last edited:
i would possibly give cl extra marks for having the bottle to change it elvis changed the game

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Just got back from the game, absolutely brilliant!

Douglas 8
Maybury 8
Johansson 7
McCarthy 8
Stearman 8
Gudjonsson 7
Hughes 8
Williams 7
Hamill 6
Smith 7
De Vries 9 - MOTM

Kisnorbo 6
Hammond 9

I am OK with these in the main. Althoug Maybury I'd give a = 6, I thought he was struggling on the left hand side aginst a very fast and tricky winger. He stuck at it but it was a holding action.

Similarly, Rab was nowhere when crosses came in, contrast with Robinson who came right pas his 6 yard box to punch the ball 30 yards. Still he made a could of telling saves/tackles. = 7

Fawkeye said:
I'd agree watching on tv at least twice people were shouting how crap MDV was vey loud! they were also insulting hugues, hammil and elvis. even lawro, hanson, shearer and ferdinand said MDV was our best player by far! A fantastic match anyway and shows what we can do. I still believe levein can turn things around - he's had a lot to do as we won't get the parachute money next year for dropping out of the premiership so he's had to cut costs and he has had no money to spend. I still think he has bought well with what he has got.

I heard mdv abuse after he did a bad pass, I agree it was undeserved and we shouldnt be booing our own team during the game. I happen to think MDV was outstanding he is an excellent player at holding up the ball.

alex said:
Rab C Nesbitt 10
Stearman 10
McCarthy 10
Johannson 10
Maybury 7
Smith 10
Williams 8
Gudjohnsson 9
Hughes 10
Hamill 6
De Vries 12

Hammond 10
Kismybum 8
Levine 200

Well done lads, that one was for Levine and right poke in the eye for the so-called Leicester fans who reckon Sidebe and Gregory would be better replacements for us than Levine and De Vries.
All those who want CL and De Vries out, be big enough to say that tonight, you were wrong...

Blue ****ing army...

It was a great result but lets not get carried away, if craig gets a nice run of results together and we turn our season around I will then admit I was wrong.

DurhamFox said:

HOw about:

"Mark De Vries (HEY!), Mark De Vries
Mark De Vries (HEY!), Mark De Vries
Mark De Vries (HEY!), Mark De Vries
Mark De Vries (HEY!), Mark De Vries"

To the tune of "Doctorin The Tardis" by The timelords, or Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll Part 1 if you don't mind the tarnished association.

The Tarnished Association - not a bad name for a band that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669