Players e on the 'not wanted ' list for the new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

When the new manager comes in, assuming its not Bertie and Bilko, which players do you think he would show the door - I appreciate he might have to wait until the end of the season. Here' my selection that will be off loaded:

Dublin, Connelly, Nalis, Gillespie, Stewart, Williams, Benjamin, Gudjonssen, Makin, Elliott, Pressman

Doubt it's as simple as that, we tried to offload Gillespie this year, and as far as I know he's still on the transfer list, no-one wants him.

However out of those that you've listed Dublin, Nalis, Gillespie, Benjamin, Makin, Elliott & Pressman are all out of contract anyway.

Along with: Walker, Scowcroft, Dabizas, Wilcox, Keown & Blake

So a better question would probably be, who would you try to keep?

Good point. How about putting the question another way: which new players would he assemble instead of these with a view to doing the job - ie promotion. How about Helguson of Watford or Ashton of Crewe. In other words, players from the Fizzy league that are likely to come to us.

I'd keep ... Tiatto, Makin, Heath, Williams, Nalis, Scowcroft, Benjamin (on much reduced £), Connolly, Gudjonsson.

Gillespie, Dublin, Blake, Pressman, Walker, Dabizas could all leave. Perhaps keep Walker if he will accept much reduced £ (can't remember when his contract is up).

i think we try and keep as many as poss. footballers have good and bad runs and i think the thing city need more than anything else is a bit of stability after the last few years.

Players out I think should be- Gillespie, Dublin and Makin.

I think Benjamin needs a new contract with more realistic wages - Nalis the same. If we were to lose Benj (we wouldn't IMO) and Nalis (we may) it would be no great problem. Elliott would also need a new realistic contract as would Walker, who may well walk if we do so..

Getting rid of Gudjohnsson and Pressman is ludicrous IMO. Pressman not only has been a revelation in most games, he's also a steadying figure at the club who can pass on valuable training/experience. Gudjohnsson will be an excellent player in our midlfield too, if given a chance IMO.

God, out of the players listed I think the only ones I'd get rid of are Dublin and Makin :?

we've had people moaning about how MA got rid of loads of players and bringing in a whole new lot to replace them...

and now you(PEN3) want to see it happen again????

i personally think we have to wait a bit longer before making a decision on some of those you have named(Makin,Gudjonsson etc)

PEN3 said:
When the new manager comes in, assuming its not Bertie and Bilko, which players do you think he would show the door - I appreciate he might have to wait until the end of the season. Here' my selection that will be off loaded:

Dublin, Connelly, Nalis, Gillespie, Stewart, Williams, Benjamin, Gudjonssen, Makin, Elliott, Pressman

The Leicester Moaning Culture strikes again!

You'r just looking for something to moan about! I bet you boo'd at the end of the game - if you even went. Have some pride man for god sake!

We do not need a manager that comes in and dumps the whole squad again. There is some decent players in that list and a half decent manager will be able to get the best out of them.
Though Dublin is never going to be Sir Les or Deano and he should be dumped ASAP

I cannot believe some of the names mentioned as players to get rid of, IMO we have a very good squad of talented footballers and if played with the right tactics can be a very good side, as proved yesterday.

Our two main areas of concern at present are right midfield and our second striker.

These are the players I would get rid of Dublin, Dabizas, Blake and Gillespie.

We can replace Dublin with Scowy - one problem solved.

And if he is ever fit I am sure Canero would do a great job at right midfield.

By getting rid of the above named players it would then free up some funds to bring in a left sided player as cover, right sided player as cover and also a decent striker.

get rid of walker? dabizas? elliot? pressman? stewart? williams? Benji? gudjonssen? connolly?

why, walker, has been excellent and stop us losing by a greater margin than we did last season. Dabizas, elliot, who do you want as cover, some 3rd division no one who can hardly kick a ball? pressman, why he's been great cover, stewart with out spending to much we're not going to get much better lets face we haven't got the money to bring in someone better, williams give him a chance he's started to show some better form, but injured, benji - who else puts as much effort in? gudjonssen, give him time he's still young hasn't had a real run in the team yet. connolly, we're not playing the right football for him yet, move him in to midfield, just behind the front two and he will be a better player IMO.

Terrible thread, plain awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670