Players We should have got....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal_Supporter

John Harley .... instead of wilcox

Danny Pugh... also wilcox

Steven Schumacher... (at bradford atm from everton) instead of gemmil or most of our midfield

Stephen Elliott... think hes better than any of our strikers

Liam Lawrence.

the list really is endless there just off the top of my head but there were so many good young players out there 4 us.

Loyal_Supporter said:
John Harley .... instead of wilcox

Danny Pugh... also wilcox

Steven Schumacher... (at bradford atm from everton) instead of gemmil or most of our midfield

Stephen Elliott... think hes better than any of our strikers

Liam Lawrence.

the list really is endless there just off the top of my head but there were so many good young players out there 4 us.

John Harley - we were interested, he choose Sheff Utd

Danny Pugh - part of Smith deal to Man Utd

Stephen Elliott - cost £125k

Liam Lawrence - cost £175k

Agreed Adams should have gone for more youngsters with potentially less wage demands & transfer fee may have been possible.

Whether Craig can do anything over the next month or so depends if he can move players on which we believe he is trying to do

didn't we almost sign carsley in the summer?-look how well he's doing at everton now, would of brought some much needed steel to our weak midfield

How about Nathan Ellington & Jason Roberts for a combined fee of £1 Million, would've been better for the £500,000 a piece we paid for Williams & Connolly. :wink:

San said:
How about Nathan Ellington & Jason Roberts for a combined fee of £1 Million, would've been better for the £500,000 a piece we paid for Williams & Connolly. :wink:

Get the feeling that Connolly is having a mare because of the general poor form by the team. I tend to think he is one of those players who will look quality the moment he leaves us.

i think due to the fact that we havent a quality striker to play alongside him he's having to work harder to make something happen. Scowcroft, Blake, Dublin, Benjamin...ah well

Who was his partner at West Ham? i can remember lots of West Ham fans angry at his departure in the summer saying that he was their only hope of goals. He's got something like 3.

Could be wrong but didn't Defoe play alongside him for a while at West Ham,Neil Mellor was there as well.

Connolly was dynamite whilst playing up front with Neil Shipperly for Wimbledon.I know Neil Shipperly is old and fat.But.. what if we could get him on loan for a month or two.Not to be the number 1 goal scorer but to get Connolly scoring freely again.
Connolly was the main man in that partnership but Sipperly played a huge part to.Thats why i think it would be great if we could reignite the partnership of those two.They would both know how each other plays so there would be no getting to know period.Its worth a try if only to get Conners scoring..Because i think if he starts scoring freely he will get the confidense and belief that he can score ots of goals.And i think if Shipps can give him that confidense hes worth a loan move.He was banging them in for Palace last year.Mostly every striker he has partnerd with have gone on to score lots of goals. Andy Johnson last year Connolly 2 years before.Its gotta be worth a shot what other good strikers have we got..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669