Plymouth Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britbulldog

Thought I would start this early cus those that are going will be leaving at about 5am tomorrow morning!
Anyone on here making the trip?

Confident on the win then britbulldog? Are you the other person with a 100% success rate when starting the match threads?

i'm giving this one a miss. confident that we can do well though, only because i am everygame we play as this league as everyone knows isnt split up by any real quality teams. once hume and hammond learn the championship game we should improve greatly

I am making the trip, but will not be leaving at 5 am, more like 5 pm! this is the closest match city play all season for me! I havent been to the plymouth ground, however. What is it like, and what are the argyle fans like??? Its only my 2nd game of the season as well! (i saw the cov win):038: :038: :038:

I will be there (obviously). I actually live about 5 minutes walk away from the ground. I can actually see it from my living room window.

The stadiums not bad for a team that spent so long in the lower leagues. It is situated in the middle of a really nice park (Central Park).

They get good support down here and so you leicester boys and girls that are making the long (and boring) trip down to the seaside will have to sing loud and proud. I know I will be. :038: :038:

Joe_Fox said:
Confident on the win then britbulldog? Are you the other person with a 100% success rate when starting the match threads?

10:09 train to Charing Cross, 13:05 from Paddington with webbo if he can get himself out of bed early enough.

Back on the sleeper.

Last edited:
I was born and brought up in Plymouth.
Last match I went to there was last May at end of the season.
The ground is being redeveloped currently, 3 sides complete.
Maximum capacity will be about 24000.
The old double decker has to be replaced this season or else next season the lower standing terrace will be closed.
Very friendly stewards, not like our apes!
Cannot advise on friendly pubs though, sorry. Enjoy the game!

Joe_Fox said:

100% indeed me old Joe_Fox and yes im confident the blue boys will bring at least a point back home!
Up the City and all that sail in her!

The Pennycomequick pub is usually an away fans pub. The Britannia is the main home fans pub.

If you are looking for good "neutral" bars then head down to Mutley Plain, which is about a 10 minute walk from the stadium.

Good luck chaps and chapesses.:icon_bigg :038: :038:

Britbulldog said:
100% indeed me old Joe_Fox and yes im confident the blue boys will bring at least a point back home!
Up the City and all that sail in her!

Well hopefully your match thread starting stuff will continue to reap rewards. If we don't win though, it's your record gone! Oooo the pressure!

Joe_Fox said:
Well hopefully your match thread starting stuff will continue to reap rewards. If we don't win though, it's your record gone! Oooo the pressure!

Its ok mate i can handle it. Hey i wouldnt want to think you were picking and choosing your matches just to try and maintain your 100% record! So you will be starting the Sheff Utd one then?

Nice looking front line. lets hope we see some goals. Sounds a bit rough down there, with regards to the weather. Tiatto had better watch himself with those sliding tackles. Come on Leicester!!!!

flashyfox said:
Tiatto had better watch himself with those sliding tackles.
:icon_lol: booked before the 20th minute is my guess...

Absolutely delighted with the side and formation Craig has gone for, I think the front 3 look really exciting, and Williams will pull the strings from midfield, I think the conditions will help as the ball should zip about.

Very positive selection.......No Sheehan though foxestalk will not be happy especially Thracian !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669