Plymouth Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
look on any of the stat sites its was shite mate! i must admit i got it from the plymouth perspective as i sat in there seats leics were well represented though, nice pies at half time mind! from the plymouth view there was a decent amount of talk about us maybe coming in for ian holloway on the terraces which i found quite surprising, apparently he is like as much there as he was at qpr, de vries i reckon was vey poor as was DJ he hardly touched the bloody thing and looked to me to be well out of sorts wether MA going has affected him or not i dunno but he wasnt the player i was expecting to see . the defence ( and thats all that can get any praise ) did there job basically no fuss and although plymouth may have had the most shots etc they never really looked like they were gonna score, i give ngotty man of the match i suppose but it was hard to choose one bloke from a very mediocre display, no bite up front, a midfield that tended to cancel itself out against a mediocre opossition and a defence that defended well against a slightly supior side. sorry but thats about the best i can do , in a feeww words it was crap!

look on any of the stat sites its was shite mate! i must admit i got it from the plymouth perspective as i sat in there seats leics were well represented though, nice pies at half time mind! from the plymouth view there was a decent amount of talk about us maybe coming in for ian holloway on the terraces which i found quite surprising, apparently he is like as much there as he was at qpr, de vries i reckon was vey poor as was DJ he hardly touched the bloody thing and looked to me to be well out of sorts wether MA going has affected him or not i dunno but he wasnt the player i was expecting to see . the defence ( and thats all that can get any praise ) did there job basically no fuss and although plymouth may have had the most shots etc they never really looked like they were gonna score, i give ngotty man of the match i suppose but it was hard to choose one bloke from a very mediocre display, no bite up front, a midfield that tended to cancel itself out against a mediocre opossition and a defence that defended well against a slightly supior side. sorry but thats about the best i can do , in a feeww words it was crap!

He is about on the same par as mad dog

i gotta admit i got a soft spot for the bloke, and if AND ITS A VERY BIG IF!he came to leicester id back him all the way, the bloke worked wonders at qpr on a very small budget and has done the same at plymouth, he,s excentric and i aint gotta clue what he,s on about half the time but he,s loved at every club he manages, i take me hat off to him.

OK I think we all need a reality check... If getting a 0-0 against Plymouth is EVER a cracking result we really have sunk to the depths of despair. No shots on target is not good enough - I don't give a fcuk who is our manager.

I agree London. We have to set our sights much higher than a goalless draw at Plymouth if we are going to do something this season. Goalless draws get you around the relegation zone.

That said, I expected us to lose so it's a small comfort in the circs. But we do seem these days to have very low expectations - fortunately Milan has very high expectations and there lies our best hope. Shame tho' all that money spent - and in my view mainly wasted. Not nice to say - but I feel it's the truth.

Not sure about Holloway as manager but I love this story about him from last season:

Around 700 Plymouth Argyle fans made the long trip to Sunderland last week. They were rewarded not only with a 3-2 away win, but also the promise of a pint from Pilgrims boss/Who Ate All the Pies hero Ian Holloway:

'I hope I see one or two of those on the Barbican over the next couple of days and I might like to buy them a drink,' Hollers said. 'So anyone who travelled up here, please send me a letter – I'd love to buy you a drink.'

When it was pointed out that the round might cost a few quid, Holloway responded: 'I don't care. That's what football is all about for me. It's passion – you can't get rid of it. It's marvellous… I'm quite popular at the moment…'

Quality! :beer:

From your blog.

Interesting to look around at some of my fellow fans as well. Next to me were two very pretty girls, with LCFC shirts, printed DUMB and DUMBER. Nice one. And then there was Andy Stevens, who sat next to my lover and kept him entertained, allowing me to concentrate on the match. Finally, and most bizarre of all, I saw my lovers double, only a kind of before and after version, with my lover being the before. I did take the opportunity to point out to him the evidence of what too many pies might lead to.

Can this have been our very own MHS?? :icon_bigg

MHS is the 'after' version of jobber, and thats saying something ;)

We defended realy well today ,but saying that i thought that we played far to deep and realy lacked any width from the midfield. Hume played relatively well but is no winger, DJ seems to be a bit lacking for me and de vries with all his effort seems to be of no real threat especialy as we were playing so deep.

When cort came on he seemed quite hungry but lacked a partner playing up with him as hume drops into the midfield areas way to often.

On the whole i'd say we played the better football without creating anything of substance.

Thanks Fludie for getting me the ticket:)

happy with a point considering its at plymouth where were normally crap and to have no shots on target and not lose is a miracle but shows how poor plymouth mustve been too.

It was a boring match, we didn't create any decent goal-scoring opportunities, but we played really well. Defensively we were as solid as we ever will be, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, McAuley and Fulop all played very well.

Our weak link today was the left side, Sheehan and in particular Mattock didn't get into the game at all. Sheehan looked a lot better at left back when Mattock was replaced with Porter.

Thought Clemence was our MOM today.

Was good to finally see Carl Cort. He can certainly be a difference maker and is another option. He won plenty of headers, unfortunately Hume seemed to be playing as an extra midfielder so he couldn't make much of the opportunities created.

Still not overly impressed with Campbell, and De Vries worked hard but was kept out of the game by the Plymouth defence. Both defences worked hard today, not surprising at all that the game ended 0-0.

It was a long way to travel but I'm very happy with the point, we battled hard and we thoroughly deserve it. Well done Mike, Steve, Jon and the lads. :038:

Can this have been our very own MHS?? :icon_bigg

The pasty I had was very nice.

As was the cheesy hot dog.

And the KFC at the services on the way home.

And the breakfast baguette I had on the way there.

And the pizza and chips I'm tucking into now.

:icon_redf

The pasty I had was very nice.

As was the cheesy hot dog.

And the KFC at the services on the way home.

And the breakfast baguette I had on the way there.

And the pizza and chips I'm tucking into now.

:icon_redf

Lost your appetite then!!:icon_bigg

MHS .... you can't be home? You went via fox travel FFS. Are you in a internet cafe, let me see 6 hours after the game, you must be Bristol area ???

It was a boring match, we didn't create any decent goal-scoring opportunities, but we played really well. Defensively we were as solid as we ever will be, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, McAuley and Fulop all played very well.

Our weak link today was the left side, Sheehan and in particular Mattock didn't get into the game at all. Sheehan looked a lot better at left back when Mattock was replaced with Porter.

Thought Clemence was our MOM today.

Was good to finally see Carl Cort. He can certainly be a difference maker and is another option. He won plenty of headers, unfortunately Hume seemed to be playing as an extra midfielder so he couldn't make much of the opportunities created.

Still not overly impressed with Campbell, and De Vries worked hard but was kept out of the game by the Plymouth defence. Both defences worked hard today, not surprising at all that the game ended 0-0.

It was a long way to travel but I'm very happy with the point, we battled hard and we thoroughly deserve it. Well done Mike, Steve, Jon and the lads. :038:

saw you today ,i was getting a drink at half time :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670