pop ups blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

When i access TB from my home p.c if i go to add a smiley to a post it says on the bar at the bottom of the screen a pop up was blocked. Fine i thought, and clicked on the tool bar where it says pop ups ok.

I went back and tried again, and suprise suprise it was still blocked.

I am a techno spaz of the highest order and dont even know the difference between ram and bytes, but if someone could explain in stoopid peoples terms where im going wrong i would be very gratefull :)

When i access TB from my home p.c if i go to add a smiley to a post it says on the bar at the bottom of the screen a pop up was blocked. Fine i thought, and clicked on the tool bar where it says pop ups ok.

I went back and tried again, and suprise suprise it was still blocked.

I am a techno spaz of the highest order and dont even know the difference between ram and bytes, but if someone could explain in stoopid peoples terms where im going wrong i would be very gratefull :)

You can be bitten by a ram, but can't be rammed by a byte!

What kind of pop-up blocker are you using? What browser? You need to get it to allow pop-ups from TB - and to permanently allow them unless you want to do it every time you log on.

When i access TB from my home p.c if i go to add a smiley to a post it says on the bar at the bottom of the screen a pop up was blocked.

What exactly are you clicking that's causing it to say a popup has been blocked?

If it happens when you click on 'More' below the smilies, have you tried clicking on
smilie.gif
instead - it gives you more to choose from without having to open a new window.

Pop up blockers are fine but miss the problem.

They may stop the pop ups but do not address the cause of the pop ups i.e spyware.

Try this http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

As well as the scan function make use of the 'immunize' section.

All free and can be trusted.

n00b question: Do I get banned for linking to outside sites?

They may stop the pop ups but do not address the cause of the pop ups i.e spyware.

Try this http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

As well as the scan function make use of the 'immunize' section.

All free and can be trusted.

n00b question: Do I get banned for linking to outside sites?

Its fine as long as your not spamming.;)

Its fine as long as your not spamming.;)

I work in IT. This week I got dragged round to my MD's house because he couldnt connect to the the internet. Turned out BT had cut him off because he had sent out 25 thousand emails in a week.

Spyware is an IT persons worst nightmare unless he/she has absolute control over the PC's they are responsible for.

I asked him what sort of websites he visited, obviously it was only Google, amazon etc.

Trojans are bastards. Users are canutes.

No he doesn't, he told us the other day you, him and the other mods are all on £40k a year from this site so feck orf ;)

40k? Christ on his splintered cross I'm in the wrong job. I hereby apply for a moderator position on this board.

Where do I send my CV?

40k? Christ on his splintered cross I'm in the wrong job. I hereby apply for a moderator position on this board.

Where do I send my CV?

To the current moderators.

*rip*

Pop-ups aren't unnecessarily caused by spyware, they are more likely to be scripted on the site that you are visiting, as in this case he's clicking on the 'More' Smilies link which opens in a new window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669