Portsmouth A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted that Abe starts and I think it says a lot for Morrison that he starts ahead of Hobbs.

Yes 3 games plus the lives games. But I believe that he doesnt become a bad player in one close season. If he plays and starts for more than the odd game at a time, he will regain his form.

Why take a ridiculous risk like that when Howard and Dyer are playing out of their skin, and Waggy is simply better than Fryatt right now ?

Bizarre

well, he was one of the best young centre backs in the country last season. He hasnt had a great start this season, but is still a quality player. I dont believe in swapping around the back line. But we'll see how it pans out in a couple of hours.

we will

Logan
Neilson
Vitor
Morrison
Berner
Abe
Oakley
King
Dyer
Howard
Waghorn

Bizarre.

One natural winger, no Hobbs but Oakley plays.

I understand Sousa's selections as much as I understand getting Dion Dublin in as an expert commentator.

Nonsense, Abe has only just arrived and Vitor has only just got back from injury. I was certainly expecting them to start tonight. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself as the minute.

jeez, nonsense in your opinion. Shocking to express an opinion on a forum, eh!!

On present form, that seems a sensible lineup, presumably Morrison kept his place with his display on Tuesday.

Was the only difficult decision to make. Tough call

Couldn't play Mozza and Hobbs together again after last week - so it's a straight toss up between the two. As you say, it was probably Tuesday night that swayed it

Why take a ridiculous risk like that when Howard and Dyer are playing out of their skin, and Waggy is simply better than Fryatt right now ?

Bizarre

the guy has scored more goals for us than anyone else in recent years. It is a risk to try to get him doing that again in my view.

Bizarre to rely on Howard I would suggest.

Bizarre.

One natural winger, no Hobbs but Oakley plays.

I understand Sousa's selections as much as I understand getting Dion Dublin in as an expert commentator.

We don't play with a 'winger' - it's a front three

And Oakley has been excellent lately - head and shoulders above Wellens

We don't play with a 'winger' - it's a front three

And Oakley has been excellent lately - head and shoulders above Wellens

We don't play with more than one natural wide man, then - is that better? We have players running the flanks and only Dyer is natural in that position in the starting line-up.

Oakley? Excellent? I'll disagree with you on that but agree he's been better than Wellens. I would have another fast man out wide in preference to Oakley and leave Abe with the DM duties.

And I would have had Hobbs in front of Morrison every day, although I didn't see Tuesday. Morrison was a bunny in headlights last Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566