portsmouth chasing thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
If 6 of our players have gone to PL teams then surely that means we have 6/11 th's of a good enough team.

Curtos and Howey went to premierleague clubs. It shows nothing.

Steven said:
This is getting way beyond a fecking joke :!: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: Has every fecking player got a "get out clause" for 2/6d. How has Leicester City Football Club ended up in this position :?: :shock: :shock: :? :? :(

I'd say this is one of the biggest pieces of mismanagement in the club's history.

Redditch Fox said:
Steven said:
This is getting way beyond a fecking joke :!: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: Has every fecking player got a "get out clause" for 2/6d. How has Leicester City Football Club ended up in this position :?: :shock: :shock: :? :? :(

I'd say this is one of the biggest pieces of mismanagement in the club's history.

Without the release clauses in contracts we may not have been able to sign players like Thatcher, Dickov etc last summer.

Players have been used to getting paid the same money if they get relegated. We were in no position to allow this to happen, so a wage reduction in the event of relegation had to be put into the contracts that were offered to players last summer. The only way players will agree to contracts like this is if they can leave on the cheap, rather than get a wage cut.

I don't think the club had any option but to agree to these release clauses, without risking more financial problems.

Unfortunately players (and agents) have all the power in football these days, and they'll only be loyal if you pay them enough.

webmaster said:
Redditch Fox said:
Steven said:

Without the release clauses in contracts we may not have been able to sign players like Thatcher, Dickov etc last summer.

Players have been used to getting paid the same money if they get relegated. We were in no position to allow this to happen, so a wage reduction in the event of relegation had to be put into the contracts that were offered to players last summer. The only way players will agree to contracts like this is if they can leave on the cheap, rather than get a wage cut.

I don't think the club had any option but to agree to these release clauses, without risking more financial problems.

Unfortunately players (and agents) have all the power in football these days, and they'll only be loyal if you pay them enough.

But webbo, Scimeca has said that he didn't know about this clause until West Brom put an offer in to match it. I just think we could have done things a little better, the clause could have been set a little higher surely. I think Scimeca would have agreed to a £250,000 clause and Dickov to a £400,000 clause. Clubs would still pay this for these players as it is peanuts, I think the reason they are that low is so the club can almost certainly guarantee getting rid of these players if they needed to. Just seems odd to me, I definately think this was the clubs idea.

Some great news lads ^

Ben Thatcher has also got a clause in his contract according to www.bluearmy.co.uk so that means he'll be off for a tidy £100,000 wow i'm impressed, shrewd business once again for all connected to the club.

Malf said:
Some great news lads ^

Ben Thatcher has also got a clause in his contract according to www.bluearmy.co.uk so that means he'll be off for a tidy £100,000 wow i'm impressed, shrewd business once again for all connected to the club.

Try this. :wink:

Everyday seems to be some one 'chasing' one of our players.Surely the day won't come when it's Bolton,Fat Sam couldn't give chase to anybody.I really fear for us losing Thatcher,think it's inevitable.

Malf said:
webmaster said:
Redditch Fox said:
Steven said:

But webbo, Scimeca has said that he didn't know about this clause until West Brom put an offer in to match it. I just think we could have done things a little better, the clause could have been set a little higher surely. I think Scimeca would have agreed to a £250,000 clause and Dickov to a £400,000 clause. Clubs would still pay this for these players as it is peanuts, I think the reason they are that low is so the club can almost certainly guarantee getting rid of these players if they needed to. Just seems odd to me, I definately think this was the clubs idea.

I think it was their agents idea so they can get more money. I don´t think there is so many players at this level that negotiate their own contracts.

They haven't the brains nor the economic mind set to do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263