Portugal v Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyfox

What an entertaining match. What a referee!!! The Refs in the World Cup aren't they meant to be the best in the world? Need i say more.

Before the game I said to Mrs OG "we need another of those reffing displays in this one - plenty of red cards, plus a few players who've had the crap kicked out of them ready for next weekend"

First time I've ever had a wish come true! :icon_bigg

That said, it was an absolute disgrace. Ironically, the one player who deserved a cast-iron cert red card (Figo, the Dave Allen lookalike) will be available.

OldGit said:
Before the game I said to Mrs OG "we need another of those reffing displays in this one - plenty of red cards, plus a few players who've had the crap kicked out of them ready for next weekend"

First time I've ever had a wish come true! :icon_bigg

That said, it was an absolute disgrace. Ironically, the one player who deserved a cast-iron cert red card (Figo, the Dave Allen lookalike) will be available.
FIFA investigating... but he's a big name so they'll probably investigate wearing Wenger's glasses...

But I thought that they could only impose a penalty on him if the ref had done nothing - the fact that he gave a yellow would mean that he was "untouchable"

I decided I had had enough of football after sitting through englands drivel, so decided to watch Hostage with Bruce Willis instead. Typical :icon_roll

OldGit said:
But I thought that they could only impose a penalty on him if the ref had done nothing - the fact that he gave a yellow would mean that he was "untouchable"

Did nothing for the head butting incident and thats what they are looking into

Wasn't that what the yellow was for, on linesman's advice?

If he'd been seen nutting someone, he'd have got more than a yellow surely?
I think he got booked for something else (to be fair it could have been anything with that ref) and I fully expect a ban for him.

linesman's advice was given after the incident but nothing was done.

also a dutch player, i think sneijder blatantly pushed someone over and only got a yellow.

Deco got second booking for being chucked on the floor.

Shocking refereeing. he just booked someone for every foul.

Portugal may be without Ronaldo and figo. as well as deco & Costinha. I expect FIFA will be lenient towards Figo considering they may already be 3 players down

MKFox said:
If he'd been seen nutting someone, he'd have got more than a yellow surely?
I think he got booked for something else (to be fair it could have been anything with that ref) and I fully expect a ban for him.

ferking well hope so then that would be there 3 best players out set it up nice for us dont it :biggrin:

the ref last night just shows that its not just us here in the uk that have crap refs ,mind you ........you watch we will get him over here this season :098:

newtonfox said:
ferking well hope so then that would be there 3 best players out set it up nice for us dont it :biggrin:

the ref last night just shows that its not just us here in the uk that have crap refs ,mind you ........you watch we will get him over here this season :098:

There's crap and there's crap - frankly, watching most of these i see our refs in a new and rosier light!

Graham Poll will probably be demoted to become a Championship only referee now :icon_roll

One of the main problems is this habit FIFA have developed of introducing new interpretations of the laws / referee guidelines on the eve of a major tournament. As a result a whole load of officials from different parts of the world, not all of them as experienced as others, not only have to adjust to styles of play they may not be familiar with, but also have to work to previously untried & untested edicts.

Similarly the players also have to try to adapt to a previously unknown situation.

It all adds additional pressure to what is already a tense situation. If they are going to make these changes, then they should apply from the start of the qualifying tournaments to give everyone time to get used to them in their own familiar environment.

EVERYBODY should be sacked and the whole thing called off. Then, pick the winner out of a hat - we might win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669