Positions we need to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

Watching the game on Tuesday evening, you have to say it's a shame that Matty Fryatt wasn't with us from the start of the season and that poor Wesolowski hadn't broken his pin. They were both lively as hell and the ball in from Wes for the yet again amazing Stearman was that deft touch we've missed down that side. A sure sign of a side lacking in confindence is one which doesn't spread out and use the flanks, forcing all the play down the middle as in the Saints cup game. When we have Momo and Smith on each wing, as in the Shef Utd game, and Fryatt and Hume in the centre, I believe we're hitting the right notes. I think the first thing a new manager should do is loan in a strong leader in Central defence and a good left back with experience and pace. Maybury's performances of late have been partly to blame for our slump. He's off form and needs to be dropped.

Maybury is not a left back. We need one. Paddy Mac is a leading CB. Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, and Johansson are all good CBs. We need a left back and a winger, but there will be no more transfers this season.

We can take loans til march. I'm not sure which games you've seen Kisnorbo play well in? I think he's absolutely rubbish and should be the first out the door on loan if any nutters will have him. We;ve got ample cover in midfield anyway. Stearman is our regular rightback, Maybury can't cover the left back as you say, it's not his position. You can say Mcarthy is quality which I agree, but watch the 2nd goal for QPR from shittu. Paddy had gone to sleep AGAIN. Watching the ball coming in and missing the 8'2 man mountain thudding in behind him.

webmaster said:
He played well at QPR and Plymouth. He's done OK in some other games despite getting booed every time he touches the ball.

He was also excellent at Watford.

Duzza said:

good goal at Watford....

CL played him in so many positions but not his natural one often enough. So he came over as not being too clever. In his proper position he is another player.
I hope RK keeps him in his proper position....

Booing Kisnorbo certainly doesn't help. Always seems the daftest policy because the manager has picked them for a reason. But I still believe at worst we need a defensively minded manager, like MON. I'm not gonna bang on about the good ol days, just to say that MON built sides out of defence and made us hard to play against. And on that foundation, tinkered with the other two areas until it clicked. Is it just me or has anybody notice our defenders' ball watching from dead balls/corners? It's schoolboy stuff. Go with the man. But they don't and Shittu made us pay again on Tuesday. It winds me up because it's basic defending. I think it was Paddy Mac and even more so Kisnorbo at fault on that occasion.

Duzza said:

Agree with you there Duzza, I hope it does work out for Kisnorbo here, he has a fantastic attitude and deserves to be successful, hopefully playing at centre back will enable him to show his true potential.

Well lets just hope we can get a few clean sheets under our belt and look a bit more robust as a unit. Look at Shef Utd last night. Ade scored in the 12th minute and they held the game. Controlled the play. A steady bore draw would suit me for the Wolves game. I know we need a win, but if we can consolidate and show strength, then the confidence will come from that.

Treebeard said:
Well lets just hope we can get a few clean sheets under our belt and look a bit more robust as a unit. Look at Shef Utd last night. Ade scored in the 12th minute and they held the game. Controlled the play. A steady bore draw would suit me for the Wolves game. I know we need a win, but if we can consolidate and show strength, then the confidence will come from that.

Well said!! We need points!! We have stopped the rot and need to continue to build on that, draws or wins will help build confidence.

In order of necessity:-

1. Left back

2. Right midfield/wing

3. Goalkeeper

4. Partner for McCarthy (willing to give Kisnarbro a chance)

5. Dominant Centre Midfielder (like Nicholl)

6. Partner for Fryatt (willing to give Hume a chance) might just need back up

I dont think were too far of a decent team.

dpjfox said:

1. Left back

2. Right midfield/wing

3. Goalkeeper

agree, except my number 1 would be Manager. knock all the others down one :)

dpjfox said:

1. Left back

2. Right midfield/wing

3. Goalkeeper

I wou'dn't disagree with that too much but would elaborate on it!
  1. Left Back
  2. Right Winger
  3. 1st choice goalkeeper
  4. Centre back although think Gerrbrand is ok as partner for Paddy
  5. Strong yet creative central midfielder that isn't work shy! ie not Williams!
  6. Strong striker that can head a ball

Last edited:
we need a big bruising centre half like matt elliott or gerry taggrt, because at the moment we lack any agression at the back McCarthy is quality i admit but we need someone to partner him

chambo said:
kisnorbo luks a good centre half why why why did levein play him at centre mid :confused:

I think because CL liked to try and get more out of a player than that player player was capable of giving. In other words I am not sure he knew what he was doing in this League. :102: :102: :102:

Jedi said:
I wou'dn't disagree with that too much but would elaborate on it!
  1. Left Back
  2. Right Winger
  3. 1st choice goalkeeper
  4. Centre back although think Gerrbrand is ok as partner for Paddy
  5. Strong yet creative central midfielder that isn't work shy! ie not Williams!
  6. Strong striker that can head a ball

fecking hell..............what does not need changing then

Steven said:
I think because CL liked to try and get more out of a player than that player player was capable of giving. In other words I am not sure he knew what he was doing in this League. :102: :102: :102:

CL kept quoting players were good signings if they played in a number of positions and were versitile, due to the small size of the city squad.

I think this is what un-did him as he never knew why he bought a player and he was too unsure what was everyone's best position as he had multiple teams in his head.

Does that make sense? :102:

i have had one or two drinks tonight :icon_roll

KLFox said:
CL kept quoting players were good signings if they played in a number of positions and were versitile, due to the small size of the city squad.

I think this is what un-did him as he never knew why he bought a player and he was too unsure what was everyone's best position as he had multiple teams in his head.

Does that make sense? :102:

i have had one or two drinks tonight :icon_roll

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: It does to me but I have a couple of drinks as well. :icon_razz ;)

yes that does make sense and i couldnt agree more, levein was a waste of space and im glad to see that back of him! who should be r nxt manager? newell? davies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669