Post Adams Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichMC24

I haven't posted for a while after my 'Keep Adams' tirade was soundly ignored and he eventually left.

I have watched over the last few weeks and have to say that I am now pleased that he has gone.

This is despite the fact that neither results or performances have picked up since his departure. It does however highlight that the players he has brought in have simply not performed as they should. I don't remember too many complaints at the signings of Keown, Dabizas, Gudjonnson, Williams, Connolly or Dublin at the time and I think Adams aswell as ourselves and the media expected more from these calibre of players.

It appears that Craig Levein has also not been able to oust the obvious class in these players, and that they are indeed just here for the money.

What is good is that CL doesn't have to stand by these signings. He didnt sign them so he has every right to drop/sell any of them as he sees fit. If Adams had've stayed, he would have left himself vulnerable to 'having to pick these players' as they are his signings.

I'm a little bit disappointed with CL's first signings as it doesn't really show a great deal of awareness of potential talent to sign two players from your previous club but hopefully these two are the first of many shrewd acquisitions.

I sincerely wish Adams all the best. I hope he doesnt go to Cov or F*r*st as I want to wish him well in his next job. I think that he will do well in his next job. He did a great job in getting us promoted with Short-Term players the first time and I feel he failed when he tried to do the same again - but would we have been patient if he'd said 'Let's spend 3 years in the Fizzy whilst I rebuild a team' - I think not!!!

All the best to the forum - Hope you have a great New Year and lets hope we sneak into a play off place.

Cheers

Rich

Oh yeah and dont forget to vote Joe Fox!!!!

i like micky adams, he is a nice guy that a lot of shit dealt to him at his time with us. i hope he goes on to be succesful elsewhere. he deserves credit for the promotion we acheived...... after that it was always gonna be difficult as we weren't(still aren't) financially stable. then of course la manga.

I'm a little bit disappointed with CL's first signings as it doesn't really show a great deal of awareness of potential talent to sign two players from your previous club but hopefully these two are the first of many shrewd acquisitions.

I think that's a bit harsh! He's only been here for a little while and the transfer window has only just opened! He's only got about 4 or 5 weeks in which to get some new people in as well, with very little money - so why not get two players in which he thinks can do a job for us - and which he knows very, very well. And remember - Craig Levein knows the Scottish transfer market better than he knows the English one at the moment.

What did for Micky Adams, I believe, is the aftermath of La Manga. It obviously got to him at the time. When Dickov and the rest cleared off I think he felt betrayed after all he had done for them. That's what broke him.

Rich nice to have you back on the forum, but I also believe you are being very harsh on CL, if he believes that 2 players from his former club are good enough to do a decent job for us then so be it.

It worked for MON when he went to Celtic and took Lenny with him.

Don't forget he took Gups too and he tried to take elliot.

step said:
You are overlooking the fact that the 21 players left us because of MA.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

gregs_y2k said:
Don't forget he took Gups too and he tried to take elliot.

Yeah so PT gave him a 30k a week contract for 4 years - what a joke!

yes, if only o'neill had been that little bit more persuasive

Elliott's Mrs' didn't want to go - if she liked the idea of Glasgow he wouldn't of stayed

Yep, she didn't want to lose her clothing shop in leicester.

spenno said:

I think that's a bit harsh! He's only been here for a little while and the transfer window has only just opened! He's only got about 4 or 5 weeks in which to get some new people in as well, with very little money - so why not get two players in which he thinks can do a job for us - and which he knows very, very well. And remember - Craig Levein knows the Scottish transfer market better than he knows the English one at the moment.

How many times are people going to talk about the transfer window re LCFC? It doesn't apply to teams outside the Premiership. Levein can buy and sell as he wishes all season (if he had any funds to do that!). :roll:

MB. I assume that it was pure coincidence that so many players where got drunk, sacked, pushed, transfered on free, requested to leave or any other reason.
There is no constant, no root cause and no other reason why so many players where pushed out or wanted to leave.

Compton Fox said:
spenno said:

How many times are people going to talk about the transfer window re LCFC? It doesn't apply to teams outside the Premiership. Levein can buy and sell as he wishes all season (if he had any funds to do that!). :roll:

fair point, except levein seems intent on signing all our players, and we do have the transfer window in effect in scotland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566