pre barnsley thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty you'll have fun wherever you sit. I remember my first game. The throb of anticipation as you queue for the latrine. The goose bumps waiting for the players to come out. The disappointment on the way home.

Enjoy your first game and remember that it's customary for all first timers to provide an educated commentary to those sitting around them. Swear at the ref too. I also think that taking your top off and running onto the pitch would make it a real day to remember.

I also think that taking your top off and running onto the pitch would make it a real day to remember.

:)

I used to sit on the back row in the kop, but now sit in the family stand. Was a fantastic view in the kop and as an added bonus you can swear and sing about sheep to your hearts content.

Back on topic, for some mad reason I reckon We stuff Barnsley 2-0. But then I thought that last time we played them. Come to think of it I always think City will win two nil, and then get sadly dissapointed every week.

In all honesty you'll have fun wherever you sit. I remember my first game. The throb of anticipation as you queue for the latrine. The goose bumps waiting for the players to come out. The disappointment on the way home..

:038: Just another typical day for City fans at the moment. I must be wierd, I'm actually looking forward to the game. I'm hoping that the players will be galvanised (though obviously I'm expecting nothing from S. Newton) and go and give us a game to remember. On the other hand.........

I would just be happy with a team selection that doesnt look like its set out to draw the game 0-0.

I would just be happy with a team selection that doesnt look like its set out to draw the game 0-0.

You'l be in for a shock son, Burrows on SSN last night said his style of play is the same as Megsons.

It will be interesting to see whether we revert to a more attacking 4-4-2 or whether they will stick with 3-5-2 but maybe a more attacking variation.

It will be interesting to see whether we revert to a more attacking 4-4-2 or whether they will stick with 3-5-2 but maybe a more attacking variation.

It has been 5-3-2 under Smegbreath - 3-5-2 would make a nice change

:038: Just another typical day for City fans at the moment. I must be wierd, I'm actually looking forward to the game. I'm hoping that the players will be galvanised (though obviously I'm expecting nothing from S. Newton) and go and give us a game to remember. On the other hand.........

I too am expecting a good performance. Totally unwarranted and with no evidential basis. I reckon Gerry will fire them up and they'll be playing with an eye on impressing any potential new manager. I think a switch back to playing football like it's supposed to be played with less than 8 defenders will also inspire them. Besides Barnsley are pure crap....surely. How low have we sunk. I reckon we'll romp home 3-0 winners. Fryatt, Kisnorbo and a Sheehan free kick (or possibly an acrobatic overhead volley by Clemence?).

Come on City.

It would also mean that Taggart (assuming he's in charge) would be the first manager in a long time to win his first game in charge. Followed by instant dismissal when Dowie comes in. 'And take those blue and white flowers with ya, nancy boy!'.

Bipolar disorder. Irrational exuberance on Saturday mornings. Nothing but black come 5pm. No change this week. Where are my pills?

I too am expecting a good performance. Totally unwarranted and with no evidential basis. I reckon Gerry will fire them up and they'll be playing with an eye on impressing any potential new manager. I think a switch back to playing football like it's supposed to be played with less than 8 defenders will also inspire them. Besides Barnsley are pure crap....surely. How low have we sunk. I reckon we'll romp home 3-0 winners. Fryatt, Kisnorbo and a Sheehan free kick (or possibly an acrobatic overhead volley by Clemence?).

Come on City.

It would also mean that Taggart (assuming he's in charge) would be the first manager in a long time to win his first game in charge. Followed by instant dismissal when Dowie comes in. 'And take those blue and white flowers with ya, nancy boy!'.

Bipolar disorder. Irrational exuberance on Saturday mornings. Nothing but black come 5pm. No change this week. Where are my pills?

Burrows is in charge - Taggs as Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570