Prediction League - WEEK ELEVEN and FINAL tables of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
.. are delayed. Two people who shall remain nameless have done the dirty on me and tied on points at the top of the Prem - I'm sure they did it deliberately and now I'm going to have to plough through eleven weeks of matches to see who takes the title and I haven't got time to do that tonight.

Tears at the top of the Chumps with somebody missing promotion by just a single point. And a great leap by somebody in the Chumps to give them a promotion that not even they could have expected.

All will be revealed on the morrow.

Last edited:
how's it going bob anywhere near ready yet???

Sorted out who has taken the title, but now I've found that there are also two teams level at 23rd and 24th in the Prem - one of them will be getting relegated after I've done the count-back.

Are you doing this just to build the tension like they do on those crappy Tv programs?

Are you doing this just to build the tension like they do on those crappy Tv programs?

No. I'm listening to the Sheffield derby on R5L and the incidents there are making it difficult to concentrate on anything else.

Nearly done now though.

Here we go - so many issues that I'm going to do it one division at a time - starting from the bottom!

When we left the Chumps League last week, it looked as though Lako, Doug, the Major and Mike-TBT only had to have a half decent week to retain their Chumpionship and promotion positions. The first three managed just that but Mike-TBT decided to have an away-day and left the promotion place that seemed to be his, available to whomever was good enough to get past him and into that 4th place.

Last week's 5th placed, ch4mbo, wilted under the pressure - only a pathetic 3 points for him. 6th placed, Joe_, had business elsewhere - no predictions from him. Next came M!key, but his puny 5 points were nowhere near enough. So it was left to 8th placed Gaz to score 24 points and take the last promotion place. Or did he?

Well, no he didn't - and that's because a magnificent 28 points from Siouxsie brought her right up from 9th and it's she who will be playing Fizzy League football next season.

c11.JPG

Congratulations then to Lako, Champ of the Chumps - and to Doug, the Major and Siouxsie on their elevation to the dizzy heights of the Fizzy.

Last edited:
jb5000 seemed to be the only definite for promotion after last week's games; this week he amassed the division's top score of 27 points to ensure not only that he will take a place in the Premier Prediction League but also the be crowned the Fizziest of the Fizzy.

The three behind him, MK, Polar Bear and big BOB HAZELL, needed to hang on - with probably four other teams believing that they were within striking distance of their promotion places. newton proved to be the strongest of that chasing pack - 16 points for him - but not quite enough for him to overtake the napping Polar Bear. So hang on they did!

At the bottom, Stevie Lynex otw, Dour, gregs and Toronto all effortlessly slip into the Chumps.

f11.JPG

So let's hear varying amounts of applause for jb, MK, BOB HAZELL and Polar Bear - in that order. Hard luck, Newts - maybe next year!

Last edited:
But who are relegated?

Thanks but being as they don't play I could soon have the whole of the chumps league to myself. You know it's embarrassing enough to finish so low when you send predictions in every week but to only finish above 10 people who never play will be downright humiliating.

Thanks but being as they don't play I could soon have the whole of the chumps league to myself. You know it's embarrassing enough to finish so low when you send predictions in every week but to only finish above 10 people who never play will be downright humiliating.

Yes - but it will give the rest of us a bit of a laugh.

jb5000 seemed to be the only definite for promotion after last week's games; this week he amassed the division's top score of 27 points to ensure not only that he will take a place in the Premier Prediction League but also the be crowned the Fizziest of the Fizzy.

The three behind him, MK, Polar Bear and big BOB HAZELL, needed to hang on - with probably four other teams believing that they were within striking distance of their promotion places. newton proved to be the strongest of that chasing pack - 16 points for him - but not quite enough for him to overtake the napping Polar Bear. So hang on they did!

At the bottom, Stevie Lynex otw, Dour, gregs and Toronto all effortlessly slip into the Chumps.

So let's hear varying amounts of applause for jb, MK, BOB HAZELL and Polar Bear - in that order. Hard luck, Newts - maybe next year!

almost went up bring on next season

brouhaha i beat spion :038::038::038:

top work bob anther great season, thanks for all the hard work you put in to do this :038::038:

It's been a long, hard but in the end rewarding season. Im looking forward to next season when I hope to realise the clubs two year plan and have us in the big time after dissapointingly slipping into the third tier for the first time in my history.

Bring it on.

top work boc. cheers for fudging the scores to get me back in the prem...

Come on Boc were is the Prem? :)

You don't really want to know. I had it all typed out, clicked on submit - and it all disappeared! I don't know whether it was anything to do with Jeff rebooting the server, but in view of the problems that I had with my internet connection later I suspect not.

I was still trying to get it sorted when I was called for dinner. Then after an early evening hour (or so) in the pub, I returned home to find I had no internet connection at all. Bugger!!

Anyway, I've woken up this morning and everything seems to be OK.

Should be soon!

I'm going to cover the relegation battle first and leave the best until last - although even this was not without its excitement.

At the start of the day, Fan and flashy were already down and jas123 needed 13 points and a slice of good luck if not to join them. Nathan and Willlow were the other candidates for the drop - both would have to do a bit to get past swede shepshed.

As the points were totalled, it was found that jas did indeed get exactly the required 13 points - but with both Willlow and Nathan scoring, there was no slice of luck and the third relegation place was sorted.

One more place to go - and Willlow clearly didn't fancy it, banging in the division's top score of 22 points to pull himself to safety - his first time out of the bottom four all season and just in time!

Which just left Nathan to get past swede shepshed if he wanted to avoid the drop - he needed 14 points more than the oft-absent swede to do that. On the day, we heard nothing from shepshed or from sweden - and Nathan didn't quite manage it - just 13 points from him to leave the two teams equal on points and the Prediction League Management Committee with a headache.

Out came the archives to countback the wholly correct scores for the whole season. And after a check and a double-check, it was found that Nathan had but 6 whilst swede shepshed, despite his disappearance in the latter part of the season, had a total of eight and lives to laze through another Premier League season.

If that wasn't exciting enough, the top turned out to be even more of a riddle. In the morning it looked as though NN, YV, Singth and MUSSWELL_ were in with a chance - but bad days for YV and Singth took their chances away. Could MUSSWELL_ overhaul NN's 6-point lead at the top?

Well NN's relatively poor 11 points suggested that it was in MUSSWELL_'s grasp - but in the end he could only equal it. More headaches for the League Management Committee!

2, 4, 0, 1, 2, 2, 2, 0, 2, 0, 0 - that's 15 wholly correct scores for NN. 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 0, 2, 0, 1, 2 - oh ****! - MUSSWELL_ has got 15 as well!

So we're down to wholly correct City scores - and NN takes an early lead with the 2-0 win over Milton Keynes - then nothing for weeks until MUSSWELL pops in the slender 1-0 victory in the rearranged fixture at Colchester.

Then nothing for another two weeks, so it's all on the last game. NN forecasts a 2-1 away win - but MUSSWELL_ feels a second City goal will be unlikely a plumps for the 1-all draw.

It's all over - MUSSWELL_ are the new Prediction Premier League Champions.

p11.JPG

Well done, MUSSWELL_ - hard luck, NN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675