Prediction League - WEEK NINE tables - now FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prediction League - WEEK NINE tables - PROVISIONAL

any of the games called off tonight?

thats twice its been called off...bloody useless!!

Boc, are these still provisional or final?

Boc, are these still provisional or final?

Still provisional. I was out last night and just completing the final tables now.

Now final

Just wondering boc, how much more work would it be to include "weeks predicted" and/or "average when predicted" columns?

just interested thats all

Just wondering boc, how much more work would it be to include "weeks predicted" and/or "average when predicted" columns?

just interested thats all

It wouldn't be all that much more difficult, although it wouldn't display so neatly in a 1280 pixel width screen. I'm loathe however to do anything which might give consolation to people who don't predict every week, when others make a real effort to do so.

Don't forget that if you are going to be on holiday or otherwise find it difficult to submit predictions, you can do so in advance or in blocks - this way there is no need to miss a week. OK - you don't get the chance to study current form but I have got to say that this seems to ahve been of little help in th Championship this season. If anybody wants to predict in advance, they only have to PM me and I will send them a list of the relevant fixtures.

Last edited:
if i got the most right why am i in the bottom league

The Prediction League in its present form has been running since last August and we are now in our third Prediction League season - this one ends after next week's Week Eleven fixtures.

The first season had three 'equal' leagues, after which the Premier, Fizzy and Chumps were arranged on merit with 4-up and 4-down at the end of second season. The same thing will happen at the end of this season next week.

New starters, of which you are one, always start in the Chumps - that's why you are there and the fact that you started relatively late in the season accounts for you being in the bottom half. Your score of 59 in the few weeks that you have been here means that you must be a good prospect for promotion in the full season that starts in March.

I am sure that the Prediction League Stattos will have noted that this week's four top-scorers are all in the Chumps League.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be all that much more difficult, although it wouldn't display so neatly in a 1280 pixel width screen. I'm loathe however to do anything which might give consolation to people who don't predict every week, when others make a real effort to do so.

I appreciate your point but the other way of looking at it is that people may be more likely to contribute regularly if they know they have a good average score. It would also give late joiners something to aim towards when promotion is out of reach.

I'm really just a statistics freak who likes to have lots of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669