Premier League 2020-21

Brown Nose

I wonder when the details wi be published?

They already have really. Der Spiegel set it out quite clearly.

They massively overstate their income by setting up cosy arrangements with companies that sponsor them with £x and the Man City owner gives the company £y so they claim a sponsorship income of £x + £y.

They also massively understate their expenses, mostly wages to players and staff. They claim they pay Guardiola £x and then pay him £y via the Man City owner. So Guardiola actually gets £x + £y.

This enables them to pretend to comply with rules. As and when anyone challenges them from football or government, they just throw dozens of the best lawyers in the world at it threatening to litigate forever. Because nobody can compete with their financial strength, everybody ends up giving in to them or not bothering.

This summer, we're led to believe that they want Kane and Grealish for £200-250m. They could do that easily, without blinking. But they have to put on the facade of pretending that they cannot afford them.

camberwell fox

They already have really. Der Spiegel set it out quite clearly.

They massively overstate their income by setting up cosy arrangements with companies that sponsor them with £x and the Man City owner gives the company £y so they claim a sponsorship income of £x + £y.

They also massively understate their expenses, mostly wages to players and staff. They claim they pay Guardiola £x and then pay him £y via the Man City owner. So Guardiola actually gets £x + £y.

This enables them to pretend to comply with rules. As and when anyone challenges them from football or government, they just throw dozens of the best lawyers in the world at it threatening to litigate forever. Because nobody can compete with their financial strength, everybody ends up giving in to them or not bothering.

This summer, we're led to believe that they want Kane and Grealish for £200-250m. They could do that easily, without blinking. But they have to put on the facade of pretending that they cannot afford them.
Yes, I completely understand the principle they have applied to cheat, what I am wondering is the actual £££ gap between what’s been reported by Man City and what the actual amount is.

fitz

I'm sure it'll result in a fine. As often is the case the powers that be just want a slice of the pie. Pie is ****ing mint.

Graz

Man Utd getting Sancho and Varane this window, Man City already having their existing squad alone but potentially signing Harry Kane too, and Chelsea still being linked to Haaland with rumours that won't go away all makes me think we've maybe missed our chance to get into the top 4 soon...

If they all happen, there should only be that 4th place finish to play for for everyone else really.

Hopefully Liverpool don't improve on last season!

jb5000

All the more reason to go for the Europa League. There's no reason to think we shouldn't be among the favourites if we take it seriously, so let's do that

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Arsenal00
2Aston Villa00
3Brentford00
4Brighton00
5Burnley00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Leeds Utd00
10Leicester00