Premier League 2022/23

Palace have sacked Vieira due to them being in a precarious league position.

They’re 3 points, 4 places ahead of us.

At least they’re trying to do something.
Just as I was hoping we had another shit team to make relegation harder.

Palace have sacked Vieira due to them being in a precarious league position.

They’re 3 points, 4 places ahead of us.

At least they’re trying to do something.
Just looking at the names being put about for Viera's replacement, and I've got to say it doesn't look pretty and probably stands reason to keep Rodgers (and for them to have kept faith too). Of the names below, I'd think Hodgson and Bielsa are joke entries and none of the others would excite me at all with the exception of Favre but then I would think he can get something much better than relegation scrap by waiting until the summer. Hasenhuttl is probably the best of the lot (I think he did what could be hoped for with what Southampton gave him) but how many of us would tolerate another transfer from the infamous 9-0 side?
  • Roy Hodgson
  • Jesse Marsch
  • Lucien Favre
  • Ralph Hasenhuttl
  • Paddy McCarthy
  • Rafa Benitez
  • Carlos Coberan
  • Nuno Espírito Santo
  • Marcelo Biesla

I reckon they could take a punt on someone like Still, Kompany or Carrick.

Would be a gamble but seems a lot more exciting that the previously listed names.

I don’t think any of those managers would take the job.

Not at this point in the season they wouldn’t, no ****ing chance

I‘d bite yer hands off for any of them, but no way we’d get them

I reckon they could take a punt on someone like Still, Kompany or Carrick.

Would be a gamble but seems a lot more exciting that the previously listed names.
Kompany will be an EPL manager in August, Carrick has a good chance of being so too. I'm not sure either would swap that for a relegation scrap where the most successful outcome is the same again next year but without your star player whose contract is up in the summer. Still is an interesting one, but like Potter did before him, I think he'd be wiser to stay in Europe for a bit longer and continue the success - better offers will come his way

Problem is, no ****er will want to come to us in the precarious position we’re now in. We’ve left it far too late to get rid of Brendan after it went stale well over a ****ing year ago. We could have got Frank, Potter or Cooper in the summer, I’m convinced.

We just need to hope that Brentford don’t make it into Europe, so we can snap up Frank at the end of the season. If we don’t get relegated that is.

If we get relegated, we’re bringing back Big Nige for sure.

Problem is, no ****er will want to come to us in the precarious position we’re now in. We’ve left it far too late to get rid of Brendan after it went stale well over a ****ing year ago. We could have got Frank, Potter or Cooper in the summer, I’m convinced.

We just need to hope that Brentford don’t make it into Europe, so we can snap up Frank at the end of the season. If we don’t get relegated that is.

Frank won't come to us. And if he did then I'd be deeply suspicious of him.

And if we stay up it'll be misery guts in charge.

Whatever happens we're ****ed

What if we stayed up by the skin of our teeth and then won the league next year?
Well we won't will we because staying up means this dickhead stays in charge.

Biggest achievement in history, can't sack him after that.

What if we stayed up by the skin of our teeth and then won the league next year?
That happens we'll be even more ****ed. Just imagine a small squad also having to compete in the Champions League while contending with the pressure to follow up such an amazing season - it'd be pure disaster

Conte's comments were pretty open and honest. Can't imagine he'll see the season out now. Maybe a job swap with BR?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463